Computer Science (Syd or Wollogong?) (1 Viewer)

Habib

HSC
Hey guys,
Wollogong gave me early entry into their bachelor of computer science, and now that i got my result back, a rank of 85.15, that might fit into Sydney.

But thats the dilemma, is wollongong okay? Why do people say its not as good as sydney? i think its an awesome uni, something about the name when you hear 'Wollongong'?

Anyway, what would you do? Go to the uni that gave you the opportunity to have no stress through the HSC, or go to another uni for the same course but because you got a good UAI (because early entry gave you no stress).

anyone, please help :)

Thanks

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
In my opinion, UOW is a lot better for computing related studies, and if you live closer to Wollongong then I would save myself the travel time and go there.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
jasee said:
In my opinion, UOW is a lot better for computing related studies, and if you live closer to Wollongong then I would save myself the travel time and go there.
Jase is right.

I was investigating other universities' Computer Science structures, planning on a change. Sure some universities had some nice subjects, Wollongong seemed to have the best. People bag out Wollongong for the same reason they bag out Western Sydney, they're elitist fuckheads who think a name means everything, or they're ignorant and don't want to leave Sydney. I've found in my investigation that UoW had the best course of study for Computer Science.

You should go to whichever university you feel you want to. My advice is to ignore the elitist fuckers that wouldn't touch Wollongong with a ten-foot pole without actually knowing where it is, and what it is. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, UoW is an valid choice. In fact, so is any other university, or TAFE, or nothing. It's all your choice. Do what you want to do, not what others think you should do. :)

adsta

HSC
I have to agree, I think UoW's computer science course is great. There are plenty of comp sci (and non comp sci) electives to choose from. The subjects are up-to-date and they contain interesting and worthwhile content. I could have changed my preference to usyd or unsw, but I stuck with uow and I have no regrets so far (with one year to go, I don't think that will change). Besides being a good choice for computer science, it is also a great university.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)