Computer Music/Games Course - Merged (1 Viewer)

Habib

HSC
Computer Music/Games Course?

Is there a course at some uni or college thats JUST for computer music or computer games programming. like JUST only that.

I know theres a course at some colleges just for web designing. But what about the above?

Im doing first year at USYD doing Computer Science but im really over it and got no more motivation because its too broad and I dont do what I want to do... 2 math subjects.. yuk

Thanks guys.

S

Shuter

UTS offers game design courses and such I know, I can do it as part of an IT major for business.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Macquarie offers a selection of music production/djing/mixing stuff through a B Arts maj Music or B Media second major Music

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Game design has a lot of maths. Think of the amount of physics and AI algorithms the latest games contain then multiply it by 10.

Not sure what the heck "game music" is supposed to be though? I don't think there's a uni course for that, maybe a major within a bachelor of music or something.

Do you have to go to uni? It doesn't really sound like you want higher education, more like you want vocational.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Computer Music (digital stuff)

Problem is unless you're really really good, then you need some sort of certificate, depending on which field you want to do, you could explore TAFE, the colleges AFTRS or uni.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah some uni in qld has a special contract with xbox developing xbox games

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
For mainstream electronic music and recording, JMC Academy, and the Australian Institute of Music. For SERIOUS electronic music composition (without much study into dots on page composition) the University of Western Sydney or Wollongong University.

Last edited:

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Most games employ Actuarial graduates to write the software makers, then use cheap Indian labour to make the games, using the software.

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
Gavrillo said:
Most games employ Actuarial graduates to write the software makers, then use cheap Indian labour to make the games, using the software.
No they don't.

but... nice theory i guess?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Computer Science @ unsw has a Computer Game Design & Construction major

Habib

HSC
Where to study for Computer Music?

Hello guys
I was wondering, cos i hate my uni course (computer science at USYD), i was wondering if there is a place where you create computer music? The closest thing i can find is the Music courses but you play instruments and teach and such, I cant find anything to do with creating beats and such

Will i find a particular subject later in my years during the course Im doing right now?

Any colleges or such? Where do I start if I want to go into the Music Industry without playing an instrument? Just creating beats and remixing and producing music without blowing into an instrument etc :p

BTW is this a stupid question? if so let me know, haha

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
You can do the Audio Tech, and Audio Engineering course at the Australian Insititute of Music- and you don't have to play an instrument - but personally, i think its a load better doing the same course at Tafe, for a hell of alot cheaper.
I went to the Australian Insititue of Music, and don't know the Audio tech side of it, but they do own Q Studios in Darlinghurst - and the Audio tech students spend alot of time in the studios.. but erm.. yeah, check out TAFE.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Macquarie University offer it via a B Arts Maj Music.

The streams run from basic music theory (no notation or classic knowledge needed) then progresses to VST use and Computer composition.

The site is down atm though, http://www.ccms.mq.edu.au/

Alternatively you could give JMC or SAE a go

Additionally, you've already started a thread on this, http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=73959

Please keep it to one next time, requesting merging.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)