Computer Game Addiction (1 Viewer)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i am pretty adicted to world of warcraft atm, i play like 4 or5 hours a day lol.
but i still go to the beach and see friends every day and i have been on two holidays for a week each and its not like i am getting withdrawel lol. Games are just fun, I play to fill in time in my 4 months straight of post hsc freedom.

i can't see myself playing much during uni though... there's a hazy line drawn somewhere called growing up.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
remove the modem.

playing single player is about five million times more boring than playing online with other people..

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I found a much better solution. I moved my computer right next to his, and now every two minutes I ask him to turn it off, or remind him he has homework or something. He can't put up with me pestering him for too long, so he leaves.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I'm an on-off PC gamer. How? Because fundamentally I'm a graphics whore. So say I splurge many thousands on an expensive CPU, RAM and video card. Then I become addicted for about a year, before my computer can no longer handle the latest games at 12*10, 4xAA, 8xAF, max details.. so I become annoyed and stop playing for about another 1-2 years before I save up enough to buy another sweet rig.. cycle continues. So far, I've bought around 4-5 rigs in the last 10 or so years.. with my most recent one in July (64 3200+, 1GB, RX800XT-PE).. and I reckon it's probably gonna last me for one more year. If I become desperate I'll just simply get another gig of RAM and a new video card, install a water cooling system and OC the shit out of my CPU, but generally chances are I'll resort to getting another PC. Expensive hobby, really.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
scruffy012 said:
yeah someone in sydney eariler this year played daiblo 2 at a internet-cafe for 40+ hours straight abnd died of exhaustion anyone else remember that, i was going through old newspapers last week, and it had it in it..... now thats hardcore gaming

scruffy
Diablo2:LoD terribly addictive.

No bullshit, one holliday, for 2 weeks, I spent 14-18 hours a day playing that, I went out once with my GF and once with the family. Over the two years I played the game I estimate i racked up 2000+ hours on it.

Now, since I quit D2 (for good this time) I don't seem to enjoy games anywhere near as much and I can't seem to play for long stints (no more than 3 hours at a time).

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
My brother is averaging at least 3500 hours a year.

Give him a copy of Starcraft:Brood Wars and turn him into a pro-gamer. He will start racking in big money and enjoy himself while he is at it.

By the way, 3500 hours is 10 hours a day, every day, for a year.

School takes at least 1200 hours of that time.

So that means 13 hours a day average is taken up by school and games over the year.

Last edited:

Truly_bored

HSC
An internet online game that i believe is very addictive is "Oceania Ragnarok".
When I first saw my cousin playing it, i thought to myself "how boring", but when i actually got the chance to play it, I became instantly addicted. Playing day and night and ultimately getting told off by my parents. But now that you actually have to pay to play the game, i don't play anymore, and what a shame cause one of my character's is a pretty high level.

By the way...does anyone here play Ragnarok?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Whenever I get a new game, like HL2 or KoTOR, I am fucked, study-wise. I just have to make sure I don't get a new game and I'm fine.

RPGs are the worst - non-linear, so I actually replay them.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
But yeah, ever since I threw half of my game collection out, I don't have the requirement of gaming anymore. I used to go for 10 to 12 hours at a time, often into the wee hours - 4am and such. But that was for the SC. Now it's different.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Oh, last thing - gaming doesn't make you blind. If makes your lenses extremely strong so that they focus too hard. This means you're essentially short-sighted... like me.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Phanatical said:
My parents are powerless to do anything. Fact is that the only person who can help my brother is my brother. Well, and me, as soon as I put a password on his computer again. Problem is, he'll destroy mine. Literally, he'll take a hammer, and run it right through my laptop.
And that's about when you strangle the fucker:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)