Computer courses (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
For those doing software/computer engineering or computer science, what types of interests should a person have to choose each course

sunny

meh.
HSC
Strong interest in.......

Software engineering: management, programming, information systems, mathematics
Computer engineering: physics, programming, electronics/electrical engineering, mathematics
Computer science: programming, mathematics, others will depend on your electives.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
thanks i think ill be taking computer science next year either at UNSW or USYD

ace

is retired
HSC
Hmm, one would think, some interest in Computing at least.

Cause in each one of those courses, you'll be doing Computing subjects, and if you hate computing, hmm the degree will turn interesting.

sunny

meh.
HSC
acmilan1987 said:
thanks i think ill be taking computer science next year either at UNSW or USYD
Well, to be impartial, if you think that both are academically equal, you can also look at other things like

- social life
- atmosphere.

Attend the open days - there will be heaps of chances to look around. Just ask for anything in particular you would like to know.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The problem with the UNSW open day is that its on the first day of my trials

sunny

meh.
HSC
There are two open days. Theres the first one, which is probably during your trials. Theres a second "information day" that is usually just before or on the day the uni preferences are due in.

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
where can i join u...? with all these 3 hour breaks i need somewhere to burn up time :D

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
lol I dunno when exactly but when I find myself alone and bored, it's off to the labs with me.
One question through, how do I get into Quake? Full steps please? :)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
lol I dunno when exactly but when I find myself alone and bored, it's off to the labs with me.
Assuming it is still there:

Type the following at the command prompt: ~alexpenev/q3/q3demo

Better still, add the following line to your .bashrc file (or whichever shell you are using)

alias quake='~alexpenev/q3/q3demo'

Then just type "quake" at the command prompt.

asdf

HSC
RCMasterAA said:
Which labs are they? Arent they usually full though? like the computers reserved for some class?

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I heard from a friend that they're usually only full during peak times like before midsessions, assignments, etc.
And since it's only the first week I guess most computers would be empty (or full judging by how many other people are bludging).

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
help me out here

wagner % pp
User Name : *******
Uid : 13***
Expires : 31 Aug 2004

User classes : COMP1011_Student[11jul2004], UGrad_Student
i'm not enrolled in any comp class this session and i have not told CSE offically that i'm doing a computer science degree with my commerce/science....
so am i going to loose my CSE account comes end of august?

Winston

HSC
Well don't mean to invade your terf guys haha :p... but yeah whether you study at UNSW or USYD, both unis are equal, even though we're both named to be the rivalry's but honestly, you graduate blah blah and you get a job, but it doesn't mean going to USYD gets you a job, nor does UNSW will, to be honest man in terms of computing degrees... it's what "you" make out of it, not what your uni's reputation provides for you... it's a very competitive industry, i could of got into UNSW, and i honestly like UNSW alot, the environment etc, and from what i heard, but i went for the location and travel wise, because i know that finishing late and catching the bus and train will make me very tired and when i get home i'll be tired to do work, so i chose USYD.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
redslert said:
help me out here

i'm not enrolled in any comp class this session and i have not told CSE offically that i'm doing a computer science degree with my commerce/science....
You might. Make sure you emial somone in comp sci to let them know. The UGrad_Student class may stay active, but it may not.

MuSaRuRWa

McLake said:
You might. Make sure you emial somone in comp sci to let them know. The UGrad_Student class may stay active, but it may not.
is he sposed to email cse to tell them abt his major? i thought it'd make more sense to tell new south q abt ur science major, and if its comp sci, they'll contact cse themselves

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
MuSaRuRWa said:
is he sposed to email cse to tell them abt his major? i thought it'd make more sense to tell new south q abt ur science major, and if its comp sci, they'll contact cse themselves
Well, I would email them to be on the safe side ....

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
redslert said:
help me out here

hmm i got
wagner % acc
User Name : ******
Uid : 13***
Expires : 31 Mar 2005

check sturec (or myunsw) to see if you have computer sci as your part of your plan.... if not go to the fce to get the change of plan form and choose comp sci as your science major

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
check sturec (or myunsw) to see if you have computer sci as your part of your plan.... if not go to the fce to get the change of plan form and choose comp sci as your science major
i see, that's my problem i haven't bothered to tell FCE yet about my majors
will do tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)