• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Compulsory uni service fees to be reintroduced (1 Viewer)

Do you support VSU?

• Yes, VSU should stay

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • No, VSU should go

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Should we Tax Students :: Senator Steve Fielding

Steve Fielding has posted a blog asking for opinions of students on this fee. All of you should visit and, even if it's only in one or two lines, tell him that it's a bad idea and that you can't afford it.
Fielding lost me when he folded over like a deck of cards over the stimulus package. I completely agree with some of the points on his blog though. How can they give every other worker a choice if they want to join a union but force it on students, who have lesser capacity to pay?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
So ... Taxing students and removing the cap and basing commonwealth funding to unis based on student numbers.

GG Rudd government. Anybody wanna tell me why Ruddkip is so great? No don't, I'll punch you.
He established that Australia wide infrastructure fund

but preggs is still angry that the baby bonus is being scrapped. how will she feed her younguns?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Barnaby.

Unis call Joyce a bad sport over funding

BARNABY JOYCE has alarmed cash-strapped universities by saying he would only support a compulsory fee for students if it was restricted to funding sport on campus and nothing else.
Which isn't going to happen. Fielding is still looking like he'll reject the bill. The maths looks good. Shall be interesting. They have to get it through during this session of parliament if they want to start collecting on July 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)