Comp1917 (1 Viewer)

lolwot

HSC
Does anyone find some of the instructions for the activities this week poorly worded? If I can barely understand it how on earth are the international students going to

Last edited:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone find some of the instructions for the activities this week poorly worded? If I can barely understand it how on earth are the international students going to
It sounded fine to me, or maybe I can read English very well. Tag Buckland and see what's up

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
if you also join the Facebook UNSW MathSoc group, they also post useful resources related to the maple test at the end of the semester (as well as worked solutions for the class tests in the maths course notes)
Thanks!

Its a neat little software and the most powerful maths engine I have ever used. I'll probably be in the labs tomorrow sometime if anyone wants to join.

random1o1o1

HSC
N/A
Hey guys how are you planning to study for the finals for comp? I have no idea where to start and don't know what to study. For the prac exam, I supposed linked lists aren't too difficult. I don't think I'll get the second half of the prac exam. As for the theory exam... I don't even want to think about it. The exam already sounds hard and even including the "sympathy" mark makes it even more daunting. Also, what type of questions were asked in previous years in terms of madelbrot and the game? For both assignments I pretty much did nothing well not nothing but not much and I really don't understand the rest of the projects. Should I be going over the activities again to get a better undertstanding? I heard that the theory exam will be based on the projects but are there no "theory questions" like memory and stuff?

Hopefully someone who has done comp in the past could assist me with the linked list question they received and some sample questions from the theory exam so I know what to expect =l

matchalolz

HSC
Hey guys how are you planning to study for the finals for comp? I have no idea where to start and don't know what to study. For the prac exam, I supposed linked lists aren't too difficult. I don't think I'll get the second half of the prac exam. As for the theory exam... I don't even want to think about it. The exam already sounds hard and even including the "sympathy" mark makes it even more daunting. Also, what type of questions were asked in previous years in terms of madelbrot and the game? For both assignments I pretty much did nothing well not nothing but not much and I really don't understand the rest of the projects. Should I be going over the activities again to get a better undertstanding? I heard that the theory exam will be based on the projects but are there no "theory questions" like memory and stuff?

Hopefully someone who has done comp in the past could assist me with the linked list question they received and some sample questions from the theory exam so I know what to expect =l
sorry, I hope you don't mind me asking, but did you pass the practice prac exam?

random1o1o1

HSC
N/A
sorry, I hope you don't mind me asking, but did you pass the practice prac exam?
I swear I posted a response but I don't know why it didn't get posted o.0 I didn't pass haha. I was really close though :l How about you?

matchalolz

HSC
I swear I posted a response but I don't know why it didn't get posted o.0 I didn't pass haha. I was really close though :l How about you?
i passed mine but i think i did a different one to you because i'm a high school student. my one was to clone a list, luckily i managed to finish it in time! i tried the ordered insert one before it and it took me a lot longer...

random1o1o1

HSC
N/A
i passed mine but i think i did a different one to you because i'm a high school student. my one was to clone a list, luckily i managed to finish it in time! i tried the ordered insert one before it and it took me a lot longer...
Nice! Yeh we had orderes insert. How did you clone yours?

matchalolz

HSC
Nice! Yeh we had orderes insert. How did you clone yours?
our task was to clone a list, so if you're given a list of values your code must return a new list with the exact same values without altering the old one. basically what i did was create a new list, then go through the old list and copy the values over to the new one. you should probably try out writing the code for it, it's good practice :)

stgeorge2

HSC
Ah this course is good but it was that first time that I realized attending lectures are no longer important. But other than that, everything else was awesome!! AND Richard is really amazing! Watching his lectures wont no longer feel learning is a pain, but joy!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)