comp115: ass3 and ass4 (1 Viewer)

Rahul

Dead Member
do any oldies have the questions to assignment 3 and 4 from last yr for comp115?:D

thanks. :)

edit: from a source that shall remain disclosed: But I remember ass3 was one where we made a class and used a text file containing words (like a dictionary). User was prompted to enter words and all the words that could be made from those letters was displayed. Something like that.

Ass4 was a to complete a magic square. The basic one would be where 1 diagonal row was filled in and you had to fill in the rest of the magic square so all rows and columns and diags add up to same number. Advanced part was when only say 1 number was inputed in the magic square and u filled in everything else.

:p

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
it'll be different this yr

but from an abstract point of view, assignment 3 would probably require you to design a class, and assignment 4 test out how good you are with nested loops and algorithm efficiency

Rahul

Dead Member
wouldnt be too diff would it?

didnt you post the code for the first one, and it was the same question.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
well the first assignment was just for if and else, pretty basic stuff. i dunno..it'd b pretty dodgie if u get the same assignment, the yr before mine had something different.

They used to have comp115 PAL. I wanted to teach for that..but they axed it this yr. ($#&$(*#&(@*&#!!!! can u imagine the lvl of plaigarism my students wouldve benefited from?! jk

Rahul

Dead Member
it would depend on what you are trying to do with the way you are manipulating the variable. describe what you are doing with that variable, mathematically operating [adding, dividing, etc.] a char maybe?

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
Originally posted by TheDreamer
Error:
assignment to `int' from `const char *' lacks a cast

What's a cast?
hey i get that too for the weekly exercise... but then im tryna use switch.... and change an input of like 01 or 1 .. 01 gives me more errors but yea.. to like january...

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i had to change the cases into "1" how do we allow the "01" to occur?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)