Comp 115, Help Me, Dunno Anything! (1 Viewer)

stepher

HSC
N/A
yeh, ive noticed that with the 2003 paper (which is the one im doing). *KNOCK ON WOOD* they dont change it this year (with my luck in the exams ive sat already, they probably will) but i found that i could do some of the questions knowing like the very basic stuff. and i could do most of the multiple choices.
thanks for the advice :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
this is why theyll scale down...exam looks alrite, part c is the one that sets the posers (me) from the real HD ppl

im only scared of the C++ syntax not being perfect, so jezzmo ur sayn if we dont have nfi how to write it out in C++, explain in english what should be done and we'll only lose a few marks for that particular question?

CrashOveride

HSC
this year's exam, my lecturer said, is gona be harder than 2003...
2003 was a fair joke.

stepher

HSC
N/A
CrashOveride said:
2003 was a fair joke.
which lecturer said that?
DAMN!

stepher

HSC
N/A
well thats it then, im totally screwed. here i was feeling okay about being able to do just half of the 2003 exam. grrr... this bites

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
CrashOveride said:
2003 was a fair joke.
let's just say the 2003 paper is ultra-scaled down when it was actually used as the final exam (i can tell, i was there.. crap im so old..). also, there were errors in the mc, which they didn't even tell us about.. like all the answers were wrong.

i suspect, it was prolly the only subject that actually ever got scaled down. (every other subject ive done has had positive scaling)

Last edited:

Catastrophe

HSC
stepher said:
well thats it then, im totally screwed. here i was feeling okay about being able to do just half of the 2003 exam. grrr... this bites
LOL, same here....the MC was pretty easy, and half of the programming questions were manageable...

the only stuff i know is: basic I/O, structure(if,switch), loops, and some array stuff....not really on sorts

enuf to get PC with no idea on classes, structs and void?

Scoot

Champion!
HSC
Heres hoping theres minimal on classes

What room is everyone in?

Im in C5A401

^___^
HSC
eh

doesn't really matter what room you guys are in, cos you are not going to be given a computer with a C++ compiler installed :p

and as for how hard the exam might be
lets just say, i thought the '04 paper was the same with '03, cept '04 had a big question on class, but even if you don't attempt that question, you can still pass with flying colours

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I havent been to a single 115 lecture/tutorial and I havent even studied for the exam.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i left out the classes question (20 or so marks) and got cr. so dont worry if you dont know that topic too well.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
redruM said:
i left out the classes question (20 or so marks) and got cr. so dont worry if you dont know that topic too well.
and you walked out thinking you did alrite back then... =p

CrashOveride

HSC
oi someone
from pervious
years

do they give u the string functions on the back?
cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)