Communication prac research-mammalian ear (1 Viewer)

JUB JUB

HSC
Can someone lead me in the right direction with this dot point, I'm finding it hard finding relevant information!!!

Gather process and analyse information from secondary sources on the structure of a mammalian ear to relate structures to functions.

:rolleyes:

Starlette

HSC
I dont have a pic of an ear with me at the moment but I can try to help

The Pinna or auricle (the side of the ear you can see on the side of the head) collects sound waves and directs them into the ear

External ausitory meatus - The sound vibration travels through this canal the to the TYMPANIC MEMBRANE (ear drum)

Ear Drum - a tighly stretched membrane, the sound wave cause it to vibrate and send that vibration in the ossicles (tiny bones)

Ossicles - when the ear drum vibrates, the ossicles vibrate in turn, amplifying the sound and conducting it to the Oval window

Oval window - the junction of the middle and inner ear

Eustachian Tube - connects the middle ear to the throat, by connecting an air filled space the tube is able to keep the pressure on either side of the eardrum equal.

Cochlea - auditory part of the inner ear. It is a coiled system of three chambers. The first and second chmabers are seperated by the basiler membrane.

Organ corti - Lies on the basiler membrane, it contains hair cells that can detect vibrations and generate nerve impulses to the brain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)