Communication and Media (1 Viewer)

tash1601

HSC
I'm going to apply for early entry for communication and media, but what subjects are most relevant to it?

I do society and culture, business studies, modern history, SOR1, advanced english and english extension 1.

In my half yearly report sac and business were in the 80s, SOR was 43 and the rest were 60s/70s.

good/bad?
heeelp. thanks :) :)

spazamataz

HSC
I'm going to apply for early entry for communication and media, but what subjects are most relevant to it?

I do society and culture, business studies, modern history, SOR1, advanced english and english extension 1.

In my half yearly report sac and business were in the 80s, SOR was 43 and the rest were 60s/70s.

good/bad?
heeelp. thanks :) :)
You should get guaranteed entry if you get similar results for your trials.

If not, they will give you conditional, where you will have to get at least 80% in your two best humanity subjects.

For me, I had to get 80% in business studies and SOR1 - they aren't related at all, but because they are humanities they use them.

Communication and media has a lot of english, statistics, so that would be at least general maths and some business.

Good luck, I think you will definitely get early entry!

tash1601

HSC
Yeah I hope so!! But our trials are after early entry so I'm going to show my half yearly report sooo, but they'll probably ask for my trials arghhhhhhh

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
You should get guaranteed entry if you get similar results for your trials.

If not, they will give you conditional, where you will have to get at least 80% in your two best humanity subjects.

For me, I had to get 80% in business studies and SOR1 - they aren't related at all, but because they are humanities they use them.

Communication and media has a lot of english, statistics, so that would be at least general maths and some business.

Good luck, I think you will definitely get early entry!
what? i am in my 5th year and i have never ever had to do a single statistics subject, even though i am doing a marketing major.

as far as im aware the only required/ recommended is advanced english.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Straight from the early entry application guide for the faculty of arts:

"When determining Early Entry offers, the Facultyof Arts considers the following:
ƒ
A mark of 80% or above in your two best
subjects that are relevant to the degree(s) you’re
applying to
ƒƒ
Evidence from school work in Years 10, 11 and
12 (including Trial HSC Results*)

http://www.uow.edu.au/content/groups/public/@web/@unia/documents/doc/uow060886.pdf

for you, i would say english and sac, but dont take my word for it

spazamataz

HSC
what? i am in my 5th year and i have never ever had to do a single statistics subject, even though i am doing a marketing major.

as far as im aware the only required/ recommended is advanced english.
Our BCM102 this year had a major focus on quantitative research methods, so its basically just counting and comparing numbers.

Edit: I have some friends who also got in on early entry, and I think its safe to say they will use the two best humanity/arts subjects, so yeah business, SAC, modern, SOR and english could all count!

Last edited:

tash1601

HSC
Hopefully not English.. SOR and sac or business would be good.
We do some maths in business, with finance and accounting, but I am not one for maths.

Thanks for your help! :)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Hopefully not English.. SOR and sac or business would be good.
We do some maths in business, with finance and accounting, but I am not one for maths.

Thanks for your help! :)
dude, definitely english. it's such a theory based course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)