Commonwealth supported scholarship? (1 Viewer)

blackbetty69

HSC
So I've heard about this scholarship that entitles you to about $4k a year. Apparently you have to be on centrelink to get it which I am. Does anyone know how you get it?

Ive googled/searched and can't find that much info on it.

HSC
Its only 4K if you are considered a rural/regional student. I'm not and I only get $2K a year (which is still pretty good)

You have to apply through your uni. Its the uni's responsibility to select students that they think are eligible - be warned though that receiving YA or whatever will not guarantee you a scholarship. There are other factors like caring responsibilities, having a disability, etc that they look at.

Check with your uni if they offer semester two applications. Mine does, but not all do.

HTH.

melodic_gal

HSC
So I've heard about this scholarship that entitles you to about $4k a year. Apparently you have to be on centrelink to get it which I am. Does anyone know how you get it?

Ive googled/searched and can't find that much info on it.

There are different types of commonwealth scholarships, I have CS that is called the Equity Commonwealth Scholarship which you must provide information on your centrelink details; Austudy, medical details; such as disability etc

you can apply and find information at
Equity Scholarships | UAC'

You also have the check with each institution because some requirements are different to others and the amount they provide for you differs. some institutions allow you to apply directly with them or through uac. They should provide information on their website or phone up or visit the school. They usually provide information on other types of scholarships they offer.

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Yeah you need to do the income/assets test to be eligible for a financial disadvantage and get the scholarship..

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
I get 2.2k a year - was quite easy to apply for compared to the other scholarship I did.

verdades

HSC
If you're getting payments through Centrelink, you're supposed to get the scholarships automatically. I'm talking about Rudd's Studen Start Up Scholarship [the $2.2k one] and the new Accomodation Scholarship [the 4k one] only.
I just wish I knew exactly when, because the only dates are "as of January 1, 2010".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)