Common module (1 Viewer)

Deadinside

HSC
N/A
i am so confused why is everyone talking about comparing two texts and all that 😭 e.G. Billy elliot and educating rina

icycledough

HSC
So in the actual HSC, the essay is only on your prescribed text, and that's it.

However, for people who have started Year 12 this year, your first assessment will be a comparative essay, where on top of your prescribed text, you will need to find a related text (often in a different form) to the original.

Unless you're getting confused with Module A, where you will go through 2 texts side by side (could be the same or different form)

Deadinside

HSC
N/A
So in the actual HSC, the essay is only on your prescribed text, and that's it.

However, for people who have started Year 12 this year, your first assessment will be a comparative essay, where on top of your prescribed text, you will need to find a related text (often in a different form) to the original.

Unless you're getting confused with Module A, where you will go through 2 texts side by side (could be the same or different form)
Oh thank you my prescribed text is billy Elliot so i only have to use quotes from billy e ?

icycledough

HSC
Oh thank you my prescribed text is billy Elliot so i only have to use quotes from billy e ?
If you're doing the HSC this year, then yes. If you're doing it next year (2022 graduation), then I'm assuming you would have already had your first official Year 12 assessment, which in that case, you would also need a related text

hatterene

HSC
yeah for some reason nesa makes everyone do an essay with a related text for their common module assessment task and then never look at the related text again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)