Commerce (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Ive been looking at the ANU Handbook and it says that if you want to meet professional requirements as an accountant in their commerce course, you need to take extra units etc.
I was looking at Arts/Commerce ANU, and was wondering if it was possible to arrange the course so I can meet professional requirements while doing arts aswell...because the handbook doesnt say whether this is possible doing a combined degree.

i hope this is relevant, and thanks in advance!

Ribbon

To get an 'accounting major' you only have to do 6 accounting based courses, but to get accredited you have to do more. It basically means you have less out of special area electives to choose (ie less electives from other major streams or from other degrees) but (and don't quote me on this cos I am not sure exactly how many you would have to do extra) I would think that even in a combined degree you wouldn't have to do any 'extra' units, as in, units which are in excess of the minimum for your degree... For example, I am doing commerce/law and I can do a double majopr in my commerce degree without having to do any 'additional' units, it just means I can't choose any out of faculty electives because I don't have 'room' for them unless I do more than the minimum requirements (and thus pay more hecs, take more time ect) of my degree.

Hope this helps.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Interesting! Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)