Commerce vs Comm/Science (Mathematics) vs Comm/Science (Adv. Mathematics) (1 Viewer)

pHyRe

HSC
So, I'm trying to figure out whether I should do a combined science degree. I think that I want to, but am slightly concerned it could hamper my GPA if I want to transfer after my first year.

I did 4U maths (84 exam mark) and 3U maths (92 exam mark). Would that be good enough to do Comm/Science (adv. maths)?

This is all at Usyd by the way.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
Yes your Maths marks are well sufficient for science and math , how are your commerce related marks?

pHyRe

HSC
Yes your Maths marks are well sufficient for science and math , how are your commerce related marks?
did economics, got 89 which i wasn't particularly happy with. 91 internal though.

i don't think my atar is good enough for science (adv maths) (98.3 or so last year) so does that mean i either have to spend extra time at uni or else i can't do it?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Science (Adv Maths) FTW!

I thought USYD used WAM more than GPA? (some one from USYD can correct me or confirm).

Also I'm pretty sure those maths marks are fine for maths at uni.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
i don't think my atar is good enough for science (adv maths) (98.3 or so last year) so does that mean i either have to spend extra time at uni or else i can't do it?
I've heard a bachelor of science (adv) is the exact same as (adv maths) anyway.

pHyRe

HSC
I've heard a bachelor of science (adv) is the exact same as (adv maths) anyway.
not sure, but i'll have to see I guess.

also, if i do science (adv) or science (adv maths) and i realise after a month that i hate it and/or am going to fail. can i drop out of the degree and only do the commerce without it impacting my WAM/GPA? bit worried cause even though i understood everything in 4u i battled in exams cause i couldn't see the 'trick' very often. also i had a crap teacher which didnt help, but it was more the not seeing exactly what to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)