• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Commerce/Software Engineering double (1 Viewer)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
is there any point in adding on a software engineering degree to my commerce degree in which i plan to major in accounting? the other option is getting a second commerce degree and majoring in accounting + corporate finance. which would be the better option?

what i'm really asking is is which option would make me most competitive as a graduate and which would give me the most flexibility later in my career?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Do both? You can do a combined BE/BComm with two majors in the commerce if I'm not hugely mistaken. You can do it with BE/BSc, I know that much...

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
synthesized said:
is there any point in adding on a software engineering degree to my commerce degree in which i plan to major in accounting? the other option is getting a second commerce degree and majoring in accounting + corporate finance. which would be the better option?

what i'm really asking is is which option would make me most competitive as a graduate and which would give me the most flexibility later in my career?
your signature is hypnoptic...

turtleface

HSC
not really, there was an article in computer magazine a while ago which said most IT heads in smaller companies were usually accountants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)