Commerce or Eco at Macq (1 Viewer)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Thanx for that Jimmy Dean, that was really helpful :)

Just wonderin, can u transfer after one semester in2 a Comm/Eco degree, or do u have to wait a whole year?

so you could do computing and still do commerce or whatever, as long as you satisfy the requirements listed there.
JD, do u go 2 MQ & if so, r u talkin from experience or hear'say?

James Dean

The oldest join date here
HSC
N/A
yes its possible to transfer after just one semester! which is quite rare for most unis.
as long as you do 12 credit points (which is usually 4 subjects) and at minimum pass all of them you'll get into commerce or ecos no problem. all this can be done in one semester.

and yep im at mq at the moment as well. i was doing arts and transferred to commerce after one semester so its all from experience and is completely possible!

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Thanx James, can i ask wot course u transferred in2?

Also, when u transferred, did u have 2 catch up on work so u were up 2 date w/ the other ppl?

In my situation, i got a UAI in da mid 80s which will prolly get me in2 Arts, e-Biz or Science. Which would be preferable if i wanted to transfer in2 Comm or BBA? Or does it make no difference?

Cheers m8 :D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey AcStyle*

I'm in the exact same position as you!!
i have to do arts first to get into commerce because my uai is only 88.95 which wont make the UAI cut off for commerce

and can we do social science insted of arts and then transfer.... because social science has more commercy subjects i think?

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
, dunno if i should post here but here it goes i got 90.90, and am tossing up between commerce at mq and science at usyd, i wanted to do actuarial but don't think i'll be able to handle it.
so anyway i was wondering if you could give me an idea of commerce is really like, . can you combine subjects from different facaulties or is it very strict?
i don't really know what i want to do so is commerce the right subject for me?
thanks

James Dean

The oldest join date here
HSC
N/A
i got into commerce. great course.
i didnt do any commerce subjects when i was in arts so im actually half a year behind.
but your actually allowed to do commerce subjects in arts so catching up shouldnt be much of a problem and you shouldnt be that far behind.

if you want to get into commerce it doesnt matter what course you do first whether it be arts, science etc. As long as you pass all your subjects it wont make a difference. you'll still get in.
but having said that what would matter is that make sure you choose a course with subjects you would have some interest in and ones which you think you could comfortably pass. theres nothing worse than choosing a subject which turns out difficult and being stressed the entire semester as to whether your going to pass it or not!

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
Originally posted by AcStyle*

Also, when u transferred, did u have 2 catch up on work so u were up 2 date w/ the other ppl?

In my situation, i got a UAI in da mid 80s which will prolly get me in2 Arts, e-Biz or Science. Which would be preferable if i wanted to transfer in2 Comm or BBA? Or does it make no difference?

Cheers m8 :D
if u choose the right subjects then u wont be behind at all.

I think it would be best if u got into e-biz... that way u would be able to do bba103 or econ110, depending on which course u wanted to transfer into.

HSC
Originally posted by James Dean
heres the latest internal transfer policy in case you havent found/seen it yet.

http://www.registrar.mq.edu.au/Forms/USSTrans.pdf

as long as you at least pass four subjects (12 credit points) you should be able to do most courses listed there. including commerce and ecos.
for all the courses except for law they dont care about your uai or the the subjects you do in the course your already doing. so you could do computing and still do commerce or whatever, as long as you satisfy the requirements listed there.
as long as you dont fail any subjects you'll do fine!
i looked into the pdf file... i was wondering if i wanted to get into commerce which course would i take ie. accounting, acst or marketing????:(
dont i start out in all general areas first:confused:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
BALLB :((( What the hell is that :(

i just want to do a B of Law / B of Arts - Psy and those transfer thingies are weird :(

it says that i have to satisfy my other course if i want to transfer into combined, which i hope i can get into B of Arts - Psy, but that law is confusin....which one is the 'normal' one, so i can practice ?

~DuMbEr~

which has less maths?? eco or comm? haha..ive heard commerce from some, eco from others?..what is it at mq neways?...like where can u get away with less maths at least?..

HSC
Originally posted by James Dean
i got into commerce. great course.
i didnt do any commerce subjects when i was in arts so im actually half a year behind.
but your actually allowed to do commerce subjects in arts so catching up shouldnt be much of a problem and you shouldnt be that far behind.

if you want to get into commerce it doesnt matter what course you do first whether it be arts, science etc. As long as you pass all your subjects it wont make a difference. you'll still get in.
but having said that what would matter is that make sure you choose a course with subjects you would have some interest in and ones which you think you could comfortably pass. theres nothing worse than choosing a subject which turns out difficult and being stressed the entire semester as to whether your going to pass it or not!
i want to go into commerce... but could u give me more info on wots it like....???
i'm curious if its like business studies coz i was bored out of my mind! :confused:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
All I can say is Accounting is boring. Economics is interesting, but alot of reading (so people tend to not like it as much). As for marketing, and other commerce subjects, I wouldn't know.

HSC
hmmm interesting...
i think i might do law instead than commerce coz biz studies was a real bore
thx for the insight

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Accounting - crappest
Finance - pretty damn crap
Statistics - heaps crap
Economics - crap
Marketing - meh
Business management subjects - not bad, but sometimes crap

Law - kick arse!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I actually found Economics quite interesting. McHarg rocks as a lecturer! Altho, I'd hate it, if I had to do any of the readings for 111. :D

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
I didn't do ECON111 so I can't comment, but with accounting...argh. How BORING can they make it? The words who "gives a f*ck" were constantly going through my head. It's from these lectures that I conclude that Asians have a higher pain tolerance!

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I'd just point out that for Accounting is wasn't anything to do with pain tolerance. Or for me it wasn't. It was merely cramming til the cows come home the two days beforehand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)