Commerce offer at USYD - Census Date (1 Viewer)

smik11

HSC
I have received an offer in the main round for my 1st preference Commerce at USYD.
I was wondering if i was to change my course preferences in the late round and place unsw ahead of usyd, could i still accept unsw instead of usyd despite having to enrol in person on 25th january for usyd

And also by changing my course preferences and placing unsw ahead of usyd(the offer i have already received) in the late round, is it possible for usyd to retract their offer and ill be left with neither University offers?

Thank you

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If you get a later offer at UNSW you simply withdraw from the USYD degree. I recommend you take up the USYD offer as it will lapse if you do not enroll on the 25th Jan. As there is no guarantee of receiving a later round offer you may end up with nothing if you don't enrol now at usyd. Applying to UNSW in later rounds will not affect your USYD enrollment.

smik11

HSC
so i can just enrol on 25th january by choosing my units of study and bringing my identification, tfn and etc for usyd and change my first preference to unsw in the later rounds and if i do not get an offer to unsw i will still have usyd?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
so i can just enrol on 25th january by choosing my units of study and bringing my identification, tfn and etc for usyd and change my first preference to unsw in the later rounds and if i do not get an offer to unsw i will still have usyd?
Spot on.

I would change the preferences now though.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
That is correct.

Conversely if you don't enrol at usyd on the 25th and you don't receive an offer to unsw, you will be left with nothing.

smik11

HSC
Ok thanks, and one last question, if i change my preferences for later rounds from usyd first to unsw first would it be possible for usyd to retract their offer knowing that i changed my first preference to unsw for the later rounds

Thank you

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
No, they won't retract your offer.

Applying to UNSW in later rounds will not affect your USYD offer or enrolment.

jniranjan

HSC
Is there a fee for withdrawal before the census date? I have an early jan offer(which I have enrolled into) and I am still deciding which course to take. (I'm enrollng at usyd today) UTS's withdrawal seems pretty straightforward, but I can't find much info on usyd's site about it. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)