Commerce (Liberal Studies) at UNSW (1 Viewer)

InterNut

HSC
I'm just gonna hijack this thread, seeing as I'm asking Comm (lib. stud.) related questions, so:

Was looking in the handbook (here) trying to gauge how this course works, and am now totally confused about the whole majors, minors, UOC stuff.

Edit: Nvm, but the Handbook still sucks.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Ok after researching for a bit, i don't think its possible to do 2 commerce major and 1 science major under commerce/science. The requirement of 90UOC for comm and 84 UOC for science are not met. But those are the minimum requirements, so i'm not sure if one is allowed to stay longer at uni to meet both those criteria while doing another major in commerce.

SOURCE:
UNSW Handbook Program - Commerce/Science - 3529
Thanks dude. I really appreciate it

Yip

HSC
Most ppl follow the first 3yrs in the sample complete plan pretty much to the letter (except some ppl choose science electives other than COMP1911, i.e. I chose higher physics, and I kno some ppl chose psychology). Year 4, most ppl choose math electives that suit their interests, so it varies. As long as u substitute Mathematical Computing for Finance or PDEs with Statistical Computing (I think its MATH3821) in 2nd sem 4th yr in that sample complete plan, you will definitely get a math/stats double major.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Most ppl follow the first 3yrs in the sample complete plan pretty much to the letter (except some ppl choose science electives other than COMP1911, i.e. I chose higher physics, and I kno some ppl chose psychology). Year 4, most ppl choose math electives that suit their interests, so it varies. As long as u substitute Mathematical Computing for Finance or PDEs with Statistical Computing (I think its MATH3821) in 2nd sem 4th yr in that sample complete plan, you will definitely get a math/stats double major.
Thanks man. I appreicate all your words of wisdom.

Jcc Lin

HSC
:) jump in for one question,
the cut off for commerce and commerce(liberal) studies are similar.
and from above, i saw ppl talking about how you dont learnt alot from the liberal side,i.e, not enough for future use.

so, would be better to just do commerce?

+ one more question(sorry), would the ppl do commerce have the same chance of going overseas and study comparing to commerce international? or they just dont have any chance at all??

1000 thanx/!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)