Commerce/Law majors (1 Viewer)

raja85

what would be a more useful major in commerce to combine with the law degree...fnance or economics?

I am currently facing a tough decision about what major to choose for my commerce component. I enjoy economics more than finance but I hear finance has a more diverse application and may be more useful for getting jobs.........so i'm not really sure which one to choose.....

these days

HSC
N/A
im actually choosing between accounting and finance.....
i will pro go for finance....

these days

HSC
N/A
i was just talking to my guardian a minute ago, and he said accounting is the only major in commerce that will reward me with a professional recognition. with that in mind, would a accountant be more attractive as a employee than a person who did finance???
and do we HAVE to choose a major now in our enrolment

santaslayer

HSC
You don't have to 'choose' a major right out. You can always change. Changeing is relatively easy.

santaslayer

HSC
Asquithian said:
Like all com/law robots Accounting and Finance are the only choices.

Accounting seems to be the choice of those who have the great fear of one day being unemployed!!!!. Conservative introverted Christian girls seems to gravitate towards Accounting. Whle the more extroverted and evangelical will be drawn to finance and other subjects that can help them on their quest of world domination.

Accounting from what I've heard is the more dowdy of the two.
You don't like accounting or finance majors do you? What do you suggest? :p

raja85

Hi Evryone...

Thanks to everyone who has replied...

I am actually transferring from Bcom to Com/Law so I know a lot about how boring accountng is...which is why I'm not even considering it.

Also since i'm transferring I get the feeling I have to make a decision on what major I will do within commerce and stick with it from the begining of this session...please correct me if I'm wrong....

btw why is no one considering economics and law...(besides me)...is economics that bad?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)