Commerce graduates-rich bastards? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

Banned
HSC
I was flipping through a recently released book the other day called "The good universities" and saw pictures of commerce graduates. One guy and one girl. Both had fancy suits and looked to be in classy offices in tall skyscrapers. Is this what sort of jobs grads get? Or is the book just dressing it up? I seriously want to do this degree, but i notice so many accountants/tax agents and the like working in small surbuban offices with just plain old white shirts(Dont know their qualifications though). I want a job with a sweet company in a skyscraper (Like Ernst and Young) where i can wear armani suits to work, take a lift up to my office and have a hot secretary. Does UNSW commerce provide these sorts of oppurtunities? Thanks in advance for help.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
ahahahha u got sucked right in...
hmmm

if u want it for the money, there's only one course in commerce :)
actuarial

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
A commerce degree doesn't guarentee all that, it depends on the graduate :rolleyes:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
ahah like my govt lecturer said... actuaries earn a lot of money but they're not happy and only have sex twice a week

aditya

HSC
wat about finance? doesnt that rake in the dough?

and man, everyone knows that a graduate doesnt get a secretary... dreamer :p

u gotta work hard, and be succesful... but yes, commerce does lead to that... nothing else does really... (commerce as in marketing, acccounting, finance, banking all that )

and maybe engineering... MAYBE

but yeh.. that would be mad ^_^

OH! do law!!! comerce/law.. hahah that would rock

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lol...someone's living in a dreamland

doesnt matter what degree u do, you have to work your way up there in the end
law, commerce, its all the same - u start at the bottom

mack

Banned
HSC
Still, some bottoms are much better than other bottoms. Surely at a company like Ernst and Young the bottom couldnt be all that bad.....And UNSW Commerce is pretty much the most prestigious commerce degree there is-Ive got a friend who did finance/international business majors and he now earns a shitload.....

P.S UOW is very, very lame.......

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
woah. where is santaslayer to defend that comment? :p

While some uni degrees may have better reputations and perhaps more prestige, you still have to work your way from the bottom. You're pre occupation with armani suits, hot secretaries, "sweet companies" and working in a skyscraper is so aesthetically inclined. Sure, you might do a Commerce degree at UNSW, major in finance, international bus or what not, but that doesnt automatically mean you're gonna earn a "shitload".

mack

Banned
HSC
Yeah it is aesthetically inclined i guess. But itll be a job i enjoy, and isnt that what counts in the end? Its not like im pursuing this vocation just for hot secretaries and suits, I really enjoy commerce as it is...Id still pursue it even if it lead to sitting behind a desk in a little office in a small town working out tax deductions all day.........

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
thats not the impression i got from your comment about guys working in suburban places with "plain white shirts" :p

good luck with it anyway :)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
woah. where is santaslayer to defend that comment? :p
Thats ok, I made a whole thread about UOW to defend any gayarse comment..:D I don't wanna sound like i cant live without UOW being defamed, i can take sum crap from a noOb! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)