• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Comments on your exams so far? (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Josh...we finish on the 19th...but the exam period is officially over the 26th (I think...whatever the date is two weeks Friday)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Oh, no! I just realised I missed out answering a whole question:(. There goes ten per cent of my overall grade:mad:! Oh, what I a bad exam experience. I blame it on my lack of sleep causing me to be half asleep in the exam:mad:.

DV8

HSC
1st exam today -- ENVS1050 -- nothing like last years exam! Way too much emphasis on stuff they covered over 1 lecture rather than topics that spanned like 3-6 lectures... like we spent half the course talking bout soils and shit and we get one measly 5 mark question on it... we spend half a lecture talking about the 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics and we get a frickin 20 mark question on it. I don't get it! :mad:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Are you freaking out about bio tomorrow? My heads overflowing with ecology and plants and animals and people running around demonstrating nutrient cycling and all this other ranom crap, but yet I don't actually know any of it...
and, I mean, I'm reading signs for "Colorado" as "Chloroplast"...thats just scary!

DV8

HSC
Na I'm feelin pretty confident... I mean 50 multi choice! I've had the benefit of ENVS1050 which overlaps a fair bit with BIOL1110 (well the ecology side of things anyway) so I've been able to maximise my study time :D I've studied bout all I can for bio now, hope there's no complex questions bout different animal systems... plants isn't much of a problem since we covered a lot of that stuff last semester. Bit worried bout that quadrat question on bb tho...
Meh... it'll all be over in 20 hours :uhhuh:

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I'm dreading Biology.. all those phyla and phytochromes are spinning me out.

We get 65 multiple choice.. which is horrible because last year some questions had 2 answers exactly the same, some had more than one right choice and some had spelling mistakes so bad that it was unreadable.

Spell check, people.. spell check.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
for josh and dv8, how bloody awesome was that bio exam!! I loved it!! i'll be crushed if I don't get a good mark, I think I killed it...bio rocks!

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
for josh and dv8, how bloody awesome was that bio exam!! I loved it!! i'll be crushed if I don't get a good mark, I think I killed it...bio rocks!
Yeah I liked it. So far I know I've only made a few silly mistakes. How good was Gary's 5-marker?! I wrote almost 2 pages for that! Good exam..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Yup, I wrote dead on 2 pages, but then 1/2 a page of that was diagrams, lol
I figure, he is marking it, and he is male, and men like visual things, so diagrams might score me browny points :p
There were a couple of 'argh' questions, but over all, I think it was awesome!

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
my exam today was awesome :D I don't think i dropped a mark :D it must have been the lucky soccer shirt i was wearing.pity the exam was only worth 30% though

DV8

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Haha yeah it was good...for an exam... can't believe they didn't change the animal questions... luckily I went thru last years exam on thursday morning :p ...and 65 multi choice!! Unbelieveable... I reckon that's bordering on the rediculous side tho... I was gettin way sick of the stupid (e) options - all of the above, only a & c, only a, b & c are correct... but yeah finished within 2 hours, checked over and left. Tho I do know a few people that had quite a lot of trouble with it lol :rolleyes: o_O

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!I finished!!

*dances off to the beach*

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
PrincessSJ, no need to rub it in for those of us who aren't finished yet!

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Chemistry was evil. As evil as they come.

I spit on chemistry and all its evilness.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
I never think of how I did in the exam, in case i jinx myself
If the exam is already finished, how can you affect the mark:p?

PrincessSJ said:
You finished a two hour exam in thirty minutes:eek:? Or are you just exaggerating:p?

As I said in the other thread, STAT1050: Statistics For Business went really well. It was as I expected:). IRHR1110: Introduction To Management and Organisational Behaviour was a bit easier than I expected but I had to leave a few questions out. It was my most hated subject all year though and I didn't do much work or study for it so I wasn't expecting to go all that well:).

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Merethrond said:
You finished a two hour exam in thirty minutes:eek:? Or are you just exaggerating:p?
not at all! i seriously had my hand up on 31 minutes it was that easy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)