Comment in The Age Newspaper about Education (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
RogueAcademic said:
No actually, I understood perfectly what you were saying, I was making a statement in agreement with you.
I see, I apologise. I was rushing over your post because I should be studying and not procrastination so I thought we were still arguing about the same point

:)

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
~shinigami~ said:
I see, I apologise. I was rushing over your post because I should be studying and not procrastination so I thought we were still arguing about the same point

:)
Looking at it again, the way I framed it, it did look like I was objecting.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
RogueAcademic said:
Looking at it again, the way I framed it, it did look like I was objecting.
*cue chick flick moment* :p

Hey so are you in uni or still in hs? Just curious.

EDIT: At first, I thought you were one of those teachers who occasionally post on BOS. :D

Last edited:

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
~shinigami~ said:
*cue chick flick moment* :p

Hey so are you in uni or still in hs? Just curious.

EDIT: At first, I thought you were one of those teachers who occasionally post on BOS. :D
High school was many many moons ago.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
I mean, what if the cut off was 90? How is a "teacher" (albeit only training at that stage) with a 90 UAI going to be able to teach a student with 99 potential, let alone 100?
I think what Pauline Ashton and the idiot Nelson would say is that 90 is arguably close enough to 99 though, there is clearer evidence of survival skills in the school system. By the way there is no such thing as a 100 ENTER score.

Exphate said:
Teacher is as much about "how" you teach, as it is knowing the stuff.
That's what I've been saying all through this thread, as well as the fact graduating from high school with a higher score shows better overall survival skills (academic as well as personal) which can be passed on to future students.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
"UAI" -- 100
It's "ENTER" in Melbourne, where The Age Newspaper is based, and where Pauline Ashton is based.

Exphate said:
And, you keep talking about high school, and it showing all these magical things about a person. It's crap.
Magical things?

HSC
teaching imo is much more than uai or how 'smart' you are (i know this, i know that etc..') one of the most important qualities a teacher must have is to effectively communicate with your students and help them learn. i have some really intelligent teachers in my school, but not all of them are effective teachers.

SimonLee13

HSC
The UAI is a reflection of how hard someone tried in their final year of High School. Those with a higher UAI generally work harder at uni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)