Comm/Law - Quant Methods (1 Viewer)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
That's interesting. The UNSW Handbook should be right but I don't remember the Commerce cores to be any different even if the person is doing combined degrees. The Handbook may be outdated. Email the ASB Student Center but I know they are flooded with emails atm.
I think it is outdated.
The handbook's page for ECON1203 still mentions stuff about 'Summer School'.

choke

HSC
so... does anybody know whether it's wrong for me to study QMA in the first semester as part of a com/law course?

most classes for the subjects in this course is full and i don't think i'll be able to drop QMA to pick up QMB without it clashing with my other subjects =/

this sucks heaps :(

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
^Nathan it isn't outdated - the plan is from the 2010 undergrad handbook for 2010 students
http://www.secretariat.unsw.edu.au/...s_Documents/approved_2008/3502_B_Commerce.pdf

Hmm I was reading that (someone on Bos linked it) and it's saying that QMA's been changed to Management as the replacement compulsory course for Commerce/LLB.

Most of the ECON1202 classes are full anyway, so I might just compensate and do ECON1202 in second semester because ECON1203 is compulsory anyway.

choke

HSC
http://www.secretariat.unsw.edu.au/...s_Documents/approved_2008/3502_B_Commerce.pdf

Hmm I was reading that (someone on Bos linked it) and it's saying that QMA's been changed to Management as the replacement compulsory course for Commerce/LLB.

Most of the ECON1202 classes are full anyway, so I might just compensate and do ECON1202 in second semester because ECON1203 is compulsory anyway.
yeah, i read that too D=

i selected ECON1202 Quantitative Methods A instead of ECON1203 Business & Economic Statistics D=

in the program structure for commerce/law, ECON1203 is called ECON1203 Quantitative Methods B. i suppose it's essentially the same as ECON1203 Business & Economic Statistics, but why are the names different? is it to differentiate between core subjects for commerce and commerce/law? :S

jellybelly59

HSC

LOL ok pm me ur timetables (nathan and helen) when ur done if u don't mind plz - wanna see if I actually know anyone in my classes lol. Oh and the link u provided was approved in 2008 so it may have been subject to change since then

Last edited:

runnable

HSC
ECON 1202 and 1203 were renamed for 2010. The old names QMA/QMB don't officially exist anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)