come on tx crew, post some replys (1 Viewer)

roxie_b

HSC
i was shocked when i saw qu14... typical they decide to shake up the paper when its my year... im not sure how i went, i did well in the trial and all the past papers i did in study but its almost been a waste. they examined barely anything! i was really looking forward to a good qu on culture or a contemporary designer but there was NOTHING! i hope my other marks make up for the crappy one ill get for the exam. that really sucks.

anna_v

HSC
hey everyone!
i think the exam was good, pretty general though. it didnt ask anything that i had trouble remembering, i was freaking out about microfibres and bicomponent fibres and all that, but they didnt even ask anything like that. the curtain question was pointless i think - that was challenging - can anyone tell me the right answer???
i got into the texstyle exhibition so im happy with that and i dont really care how i go in the exam. my mtp is the floor length, all black gown with alot of box pleats and hand made ribbon roses, lace and a gathered tier. so stoked about getting in though - congratulations to the others in, might meet you at the launch!! tell me what you made so i know who you are!

baby_bec

Hey, my teacher is the organiser of teh exhibition, and yeh its true, just because you get in doesn't mean u get like 100%...it is a range of ideas. And i mean sooo many dont get chosen that are soooo good like at my school..i reckon at least 2 of them should have been chosen cuz they were awesom but they didn't but oh wells! TEXTILES IS OVER NEVER AGAIN!

tahneen

HSC
gotta say i thought it was a very stupid exam - and essay question was so shit - i did the inovations one and the 5 mark was ok - but the 10 mark was just about how good you were at bullshitting = not happy! when did you find out about texstyle?

Natalie_batkov

HSC
N/A
hello everyone.

im having mixed feelings about that exam! question 14 was almost identical to our trial, which was a little odd. in the trial we had to talk about a stupid scarf and its decoration methods. did anyone else get that same trial question?

i thought the multiple choice were ok, i had to guess 2 out of the 10 which was scary cause im usually ok with multiple choice. i think the whole exam was shallow and only focused on small sections of the syllabus. alot was on culture (we did Japan) and i thought there would be more on contemporary designers. oh well.

whats everyone planning to do next year?! fashion or what?

good luck for the rest of your exams. xo

helani

HSC
Natalie_batkov said:
hello everyone.

im having mixed feelings about that exam! question 14 was almost identical to our trial, which was a little odd. in the trial we had to talk about a stupid scarf and its decoration methods. did anyone else get that same trial question?

i thought the multiple choice were ok, i had to guess 2 out of the 10 which was scary cause im usually ok with multiple choice. i think the whole exam was shallow and only focused on small sections of the syllabus. alot was on culture (we did Japan) and i thought there would be more on contemporary designers. oh well.

whats everyone planning to do next year?! fashion or what?

good luck for the rest of your exams. xo
yeah the exam was annoying, only assessing like 10% of the whole syllabus. grrrr
next year i want to do visual communication at UTS or a design or digital media course at COFA NSW. but after that i was thinking of doing the fashion design course at the Whitehouse coz that looks like fun but we'll see. i just want to study everything from graphics design to film making to fashion coz thats what i like and im good at. hopefully :).

what are other people doing?

Last edited:

Natalie_batkov

HSC
N/A
thats cool. in my uac i put like 3 courses from cofa. lol. next year im going to whitehouse. im doing advanced diploma in fashion design and the bteched for teaching. im so pumped! but theres so many other things i want to do. i think ill be studying until im 30! lol. anyone else going to whitehouse?!

gone-shopping

well a girl in my class, she answered both the final questions and still had time to spare! she relised when she left the exam so she went to see our teacher cause what they cant use both, so i dont know what will happen.
the way the questions were worded totally threw me i spent more time trying to determine what they wanted answered then answering( no not really but close) karma though cause i got so cocky about how easy it was during multiple choice then i got a bucket of cold water over my head. oh well i want to do some form of design so if i dont get into uni there is always private collages, but such is life

missyc

HSC
for that girl in ur class they mark both answers and the one with the better mark they give her

m.a.

HSC
i want to do design at cofa. hopefully. dont want to do fashion. more into textile arts and costume. definately want to do something with textiles or drama though.
kinda funny that some one did both essays.

helani

HSC
m.a. said:
i want to do design at cofa. hopefully. dont want to do fashion. more into textile arts and costume. definately want to do something with textiles or drama though.
kinda funny that some one did both essays.
trust you to find that funny m.a. hehehe

anna_v

HSC
i was always told they mark the first one they come to - not the better out of the two

missyc

HSC
well my ancient teacher is a senior marker and she says that in ancient if a student does two essays in the same section then they mark both and give the better mark....so i gussed that applyed for textiles as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)