Combustion: Liquid or gaseous water? (1 Viewer)

QZP

HSC
So does combustion result in liquid or gaseous water as one of the products? I've seen both in MANY sources and it has confused me all my life lol

HSC

QZP

HSC
I was not looking for the answer to the mcq...
My point is that I've seen liquid water for almost every combustion reaction equation, and this was one example. So if the ask for any combustion equations do we follow suit?

HSC
I was not looking for the answer to the mcq...
My point is that I've seen liquid water for almost every combustion reaction equation, and this was one example. So if the ask for any combustion equations do we follow suit?
ohh opps my bad, you posted a link and a question, i thought you required explanation.

I don't think they're pedantic as to whether you put l or g as something has said

my teacher in her notes put l

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Not too sure how picky they are with this, but it would be water vapour which is created as a product of the combustion reaction, but this then (next to) immediately condenses into liquid water

HSC
N/A
Gaseous because combustion doesn't really occur in the temperature where it would be liquid (below 100 degrees celsius). They often write it as liquid in the HSC.

tomnomnom696

HSC Goddess
HSC
always use the liquid state lol. energy is further released as steam converts to water (liquid) which is incorporated in the heat of combustion.

Reactions: QZP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)