combined eng/commerce (1 Viewer)

nealos

HSC
hey just wondering if anyone has or is doing it?

what subjects do you do or can pick from, say if you pick computer or software engineering and commerce?

are th eelctives boring or interesting>?

thanks in advance

HSC
nealos said:
hey just wondering if anyone has or is doing it?

what subjects do you do or can pick from, say if you pick computer or software engineering and commerce?

are th eelctives boring or interesting>?

thanks in advance
you don't get electives if you do double degrees.

this is my general understanding of it...

if you do engineering your degree is pretty much fully prescribed until about third or fourth year, in which case you may have a couple of electives. they can from the general schedule (for example if you wanted to study some maths, science, IT/programming topic, or even say commerce or philosophy/politics if you wanted to!) but it will be mostly engineering subjects.

if you do commerce the "electives" you choose will be whatever goes towards your major/double major (depending what you want).

if you do a combined engineering/commerce you wont have electives. your "electives" from engineering that you had up your sleeve will be filled with commerce subjects so you can satisfy both degrees, plus they tag on an extra year and you don't have to do EVERY single subject another person doing a straight commerce degree will to.

hope that makes sense! :p

mymuse

HSC
okay i know this topic is old, but is anyone currently doing engineering/commerce, what uni do you go to, and would you recommend it?

also, how are the prospects of employment, ie. will i be able to earn a decent salary?

I'm not sure if it's for me yet.

thanks in advance.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
im thinking about it.
I enjoy economics and lots of money which i can get in the mining industry.
It's perfect.

doink

Clone
HSC
Have fun failing, if you do engineering for the money you will drop out before first year is over. Guaranteed.

I used to do commerce/engineering but i really hated the commerce and writing essays and all the study needed. Also it makes you miss out on electives which are the most interesting part of the degree.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
doink said:
Have fun failing, if you do engineering for the money you will drop out before first year is over. Guaranteed.

I used to do commerce/engineering but i really hated the commerce and writing essays and all the study needed. Also it makes you miss out on electives which are the most interesting part of the degree.
obviously money plays a big role, but i do have a bit of interest in it.

doink

Clone
HSC
maybe look over some first year dynamics material and see how much you like it then. If you seriously have no passion for maths and physics you will hate engineering. Also helps if you like doing practical because there is a shit tonne of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)