combined degree (1 Viewer)

TheKey

HSC
looking at the UAC guide one thing doesnt really make sence for me, the course 609350 b Engineering / b business has a UAI cutoff of 88.65 while busines on its own is >90 .

but anyhow i got 89.3 so no matter how small the chance, this will be my no1 prefrence, but if i shall miss out (and i know i will) is there another way of getting into it without loosing a year? Like could i write a letter telling them i did ext1 maths and physics (these subjects are recomended) and so maybe they will let me through.

or perhaps could i take another double degree, eg b eng / b science, then drop science and take business after first year, (taken i get good uni marks). What is my best option here?

also when doing this double degree i would take 1 major from eng and 1 from business right, and that work experience UTS is so famous for, do students get payed or is it like that yr10 work experience?

thx in advance for any help

TheKey

HSC
ok sorry please disregard the first line, i somehow missed this on UTS website.

"To be admitted to this combined degree program, applicants must achieve a UAI rank no lower than five points below the rank for the Bachelor of Business single degree program"

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
also when doing this double degree i would take 1 major from eng and 1 from business right, and that work experience UTS is so famous for, do students get payed or is it like that yr10 work experience?

> Yes you would. Your engineering major will depend on your UAI though, as your UAI has to meet the UAI of the engineering degree. So that may cut out Software Engineering, but any others should be ok.

As for any other courses, you can always do BBus/BSc combined degree as well, or you could try the new BBus/BComp combined degree as well, its a new course so there is no previous UAI, but it doesn't hurt to give it a go.

do students get payed or is it like that yr10 work experience?
> It depends on the type of work you find. Most people will get paid, although some people take voluntary work, which is not paid.

Hope thats helps!

TheKey

HSC
ok thx for that, if i dont make eng/business il go for that other doube degree and see what happens from there.

btw i was thinking of electrical eng so i should make that easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)