combined b business/ b med science? (1 Viewer)

layzeehbum

HSC
anyone doing this course atm?
coz i really wanna know if this course is good or not...
im hoping 2 get into biz but if dun den i'd rather do it combined ( since the uai is way lower)
is med science interesting?or should i just double business with science?

and do i need 2 have assumed knowledge on all 3 science subject?
coz i have no basic knowledge on bio
i did chem in year 11 (i dropped it - my biggest mistake )
n i did phys in year 11 n 12

krayzie_

HSC
I'm doing it, you should do a B.Sci(Biomedical) combined with Business rather then B.Bus/MedSci. MedSci at UTS sucks hard, no job prospects e.g a real job.. unless your fine with being a technical aide or officer for the rest of your life, but do it if your plannin to go post grad MBBS or your masters later on..

From what I have heard from employers etc, they prefer a biomedical science than a medical science, the med sci degree is so broad you preety much learn the same stuff over again each year just going into more detail.

Business = good. major in accounting and do well = very good. after ten years working.. your pay = 100K plus

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
krayzie_ said:
I'm doing it, you should do a B.Sci(Biomedical) combined with Business rather then B.Bus/MedSci. MedSci at UTS sucks hard, no job prospects e.g a real job.. unless your fine with being a technical aide or officer for the rest of your life, but do it if your plannin to go post grad MBBS or your masters later on..

From what I have heard from employers etc, they prefer a biomedical science than a medical science, the med sci degree is so broad you preety much learn the same stuff over again each year just going into more detail.

Business = good. major in accounting and do well = very good. after ten years working.. your pay = 100K plus
'

they dont do biomedical with b business at uts?

krayzie_

HSC
Yes they do.

You do a B.Science/B.Business, because first year subjects are all the same across the science degrees you'll do the common first years with all people then in the second year you'll major in Biomedical Science with your electives.

Only difference is you won't graduate with B.BiomedicalScience/B.Business but with B.Science(major in Biomedical Science)/B.Business(whatever major you chose)

Ka-pish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)