colour stimulates brain (1 Viewer)

stressed monkie

im a random
just a hint for the 04 student i found out, the best way to remember the ifferent topics is when ur writing ur study notes write each topic n a different colour not only cause colour stinulates ur brain waves but then u can also refer back to it and the colour will help u remember

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
just a word though, if you are going to write in various colours (instead of highlighting), make sure your sensible with your colours, flouro yellow and the like are really hard to read in most lights/angles and hurt your eyes, so you are less likely to study.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Mindmaps, mindmaps, mindmaps!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
just a word though, if you are going to write in various colours (instead of highlighting), make sure your sensible with your colours, flouro yellow and the like are really hard to read in most lights/angles and hurt your eyes, so you are less likely to study.
DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IN DARK PURPLE! :p

jaith_is_batman

no subject

Do you guys use blue or black pens? White or yellow paper? Natural (from the sun) light or flourescent light? Do you have black + white TV's or colour? Are your flying people-eating monsters purple or pink? Are Zebras white with black stripes or black with white stripes? Why am I asking stupid questions? What's my point? No point. Just like this thread. You guys sound like dead-set hippies. Colour helps me work!? How unfortunately pathetic you guys are. I bet you all believe in astrology too.

Thanks for the laugh anyway.

stressed monkie

im a random
to above reply it is not a hippie point of view it is actually a psychological view and the point of this thread is to assist u in study tactics no one told u to like what we say or even do wat we say but dont diss it cause that aint cool when all were doing is trying to help
and FYI i do not believe in astrology so ur just dead set wrong

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Colour is good is you have a memory that can associate different ideas with different sounds/sights/smells. A friend of mine studies differnt topics by burning scented oils as she works, and then putting a bit of that oil/perfume later on a hankerchief while in an exam to bring stuff to mind. It seems to work treally well for her!

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Persephone87
A friend of mine studies differnt topics by burning scented oils as she works, and then putting a bit of that oil/perfume later on a hankerchief while in an exam to bring stuff to mind. It seems to work treally well for her!

thats interesting...

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i write them in normally colours eg. blue red and black.

then re-highlight them in summarised form! :)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Persephone87
Colour is good is you have a memory that can associate different ideas with different sounds/sights/smells. A friend of mine studies differnt topics by burning scented oils as she works, and then putting a bit of that oil/perfume later on a hankerchief while in an exam to bring stuff to mind. It seems to work treally well for her!
With all due respect, that sounds like your friend is on the verge of cheating. :p

legallytaouk

yeh i heard that smell thngy worsks... like u spray purfum while u study n den u put d purfum on b4 a exam n d smell helps u remember d notes... or sumshit like dat... :S ahwell... goodluck!

HSC
N/A
i went to various hsc lectures and i was told that using some colours in study notes help with memory because if u only use one colour, ur only using one side of the brain memory (left ro right i forgot, but it's not important at this pt) and when u add colours or symbols into ur notes, it uses the other side fo the brain.. because the other side recognise colour or something.. ? something like that.

so yep use a bit of colour in ur notes n study with twice the brain power ;)

but dont over colour it tho. coz it's just gna b too colourful n it wont help haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)