Colour Co-ordinating (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
Just wanted everyone's opinion on green dresses with red shoes - Might work, or a no-go-zone? Would I possibly end upl ooking like Christmas?

I can't decide atm, cos in my head it seems like it'll work, but the pisture isn't really clear yet.

Say, this type of green, with the red shoes:

If it does work, what other greens do you think would work with the red shoes as well?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
It could work hunneh. Try it on.
Do YOU think it looks okay?

What type of shoes are they?
sneakers? heals? flats? thongs?

karoooh

HSC
Red satin heels, round toe! I haven't actually found the dress yet, I'm just trying to think of what colour dress would go with red heels, excluding black.

It'll be my last option, not cause I hate it, but cos black's too... I don't know... Over done? :p

mr_brightside

HSC
karoooh said:
Red satin heels, round toe! I haven't actually found the dress yet, I'm just trying to think of what colour dress would go with red heels, excluding black.

It'll be my last option, not cause I hate it, but cos black's too... I don't know... Over done? :p
oh pretty! I hate pointy toe.
yeah black is pretty much the obvious choice :p

how about a white dress?

(man scarlett is hot)

that dress, red heels, red lipstick and a red necklace

hawt.

karoooh

HSC
mr_brightside said:
oh pretty! I hate pointy toe.
yeah black is pretty much the obvious choice :p

how about a white dress?

(man scarlett is hot)

that dress, red heels, red lipstick and a red necklace

hawt.
Yea, ScarJo is hawt. :p

And I've thought about white too! I'm really into the green (cos it's my favourite colour. ALL greens) though, but I'm gonna have a really good think about the white one!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I dunno about green and red either. Mum's always taught me never to wear them together, "they're christmas colours!" lol So I've often steered clear.

Mind you that green dress is GORGEOUS! (so is the girl wearing the white one :p)

I'm going to buy red shoes coz I have a red/white/blue dress. You can wear red with navy! That is definitely workable. White and black are given. I don't think there's many colours you could use red with other than those above.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
depending on the hue of red it could go with green (also depending on the hue of green).

i have a gorgeous pair of red satin round toe shoes too :eek: *sigh*

black, white and blue are the "safe" colors to go with but just try the shoes with whatever dress you get to see how it looks.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I think I can safely say that if you wear red shoes with a green dress, make sure you wear something red up above somewhere eg

red necklace
red earings
red bracelet
red belt

just accessorise and you'll be fine.

Guernica

HSC
Green dress and red shoes.. you could wear it to a Christmas party :eek:

I reckon if I saw someone wearing red and green as the main colours (not at a Christmas party), I would make a comment to one of my friends.. but hey.. maybe I'm just a bitch.

You're def. better off going white. Even though I love green as well, I just wouldn't with red shoes.

Always

HSC
I don't like all white/red or all green/red. It's too much imo, but whatever makes you happy.

What's wrong with black? A black dress with red shoes looks stunning. You could go for a cream/ivory coloured dress and tone it down with crystal or gold jewellery. Some shades of blue might also look okay.

Your shoes sound hot, btw. ;)

arrested development
HSC
i wear bright red and emerald green together quite often, and though i probably look rather... err... festive, i like it a lot.

i also think that a purple or blue dress could work, depending on the hue. basically, contrasting colours can look super good together if done well. so it wouldn't really work very well with anything like pink, orange or yellow.

karoooh

HSC
^

Agree; my retinas!

Would teal work with red? And I'm quite partial to this dress:

But I don't know if it's suitable for formal... I don't care though! If I can't find a great dress in another colour, I'm gonna wear it! :eek:

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Yuck....no go, definitely. Wear green with black/white/green shoes...red and green just clashes!

I wouldn't go there 'cos I follow the rule book, but be liberal! - I don't like it when other ppl don't do things 'cos they're told that it's inappropriate, ugly, etc etc...

...but no offence, I don't see how green and red can look classy together.

mr_brightside

HSC
red and green can work sometimes.
Thats the problem with women, you don't even try
you just go "yuck, wont work, rubbish, quiet boy!"

unique princess, she already has red shoes and wants to wear them. white shoes will work, but she doesnt have/want them

lulabelle

HSC
I think you should go for it! Once I saw this girl in Kookai trying on an olive green dress with red heels and she looked really hot, just make sure you have something that stands out on the top half as well otherwise all the focus will be on your shoes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)