• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Colesmyer - Kmart (1 Viewer)

HSC
anyone here know the whole colesmyer process thing for myer? is it similar or different to what grace bros was like?

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
Well i did mine today, weird but fun, meet new people, it was alrite. I better get called up man. I had the interview at 11:30 but i was late *curses public transport* so i had to wait until 3pm for the next interview, so i explored westfields and its surroundings.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
anyone here know the whole colesmyer process thing for myer? is it similar or different to what grace bros was like?
won't it be exactly the same? it's the same store, they have just changed the name. they wouldn't change anything.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
and isn't it ironic since they are training in customer service.
shes making me work 3 times a week and im not even on the roster yet....we have to key in our pin for pay or something and shes pissed off that training takes 3 hrs when it should be less...overall training is 5.5hrs

does anyone know when we get paid? like every wednesday for woolies? how about coles?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
payment is made every wednesday for kmart
and i would presume its the same for all coles myer

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im at Kmart and was getting paid every Tuesday until the week of Australia day when it was Wednesday, but now I think its been moved to Thursdays!?!!!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
MuahUAHua i dont know whats going on.
the last time i was paid was last wesnesday :)

jesska

i'm a x-mas casual 2...at k-mart!! i so didnt know this thread existed!! Never mind. Im at blacktown...and i swear we get some dero's in there...like no joke we have the cops at work once a fortnight!! we're in the local paper most weeks too!! but im getting soooo sick of registers!! i wanna work on the service desk...but they sed i have to be 18!! coz of the cigarettes and all that...is that the same for everyone?? i get paid on wednesdays too!! i havent got a name-badge or uniform...or my staff card...i been there since early october!! how scabby!! i've complained to my line manager so many times...and she does shit all!! shes lazy and never remembers anything!! lol...but atleast she hasnt fired me yet...any one had a complaint lodged against them yet?? i have...scary shit...like the day b4 school went back i got a call frm the store manager!!! ekk!!! i've nevre talked to her b4 that!!

~JeSsKa~

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
wow! i love your rant!
:p

ummm, yeah i still havent got a staff card yet, though i do have my uniform and my badge. MuaHUAh yeah the uniform is just a tad daggy, i rather be wearing black and white than the daggy kmart shirts!

yeah im 18, so i can do the registers that r connected to the service desks if you knw what i mean; can sell cigarettes and everything, but the thing im not allowed to do yet is refunds

hmmm.. i wanna do layby.. LOL they dont do anything! just stand around and do nothing, but still get paid! MuahUAH

but yeah, i did the floor once, and i tell you what! the registers r heaps better than doing the floor!

jesska

i've done refunds before...like on the desk...but the person on front-end was like supervising...but my line manager has become a nazi w/ me...it seems since i got the complaint bout me...:rolleyes: but wat can u do?? so im keeping a low-key...it really sux tho...coz i went frm like 20-sumthing hours a week...to this week im only doin 3 hours...im spending way more than im earning...and i cant even ask for more shifts...coz like everyone has been cut down...sucks!!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i cant do refunds - i dont know why
i mean i dont mind - ppl get abused from doing refunds, so im glad im not doing it.

Originally posted by jesska
i went frm like 20-sumthing hours a week...to this week im only doin 3 hours...im spending way more than im earning...and i cant even ask for more shifts...coz like everyone has been cut down...sucks!!
yeah me too man, i averaged bout 10 hours a week since i started, and the last few weeks i havent been getting any shifts..

:( hmm, how am i going to pay for textbooks?!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
see, that's bad. i want a job where i know i will always be getting work. i am undecided on things like this. there are jobs where you know you will be working but they wre more boring, and jobs liek colesmyer where you may not get as many shifts bu they are interesting

mp3mojo

well u can do part-time, dat way u'll definately get a fixed number of shifts per week :)

jesska

the complaint was like a huge misunderstanding between bout three staff...but my name was the only one put on the complaint...i dunno how tho...coz i got no name-tag...but the manager was ok after i explained it all to her...if ur in the union u shud apply for the textbook scholoarship...they send forms like i dont remember when!! oh no!! but yeah...there's stuff in the union...

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by mp3mojo
well u can do part-time, dat way u'll definately get a fixed number of shifts per week :)
yeah but casual ppl get paid more :D

Originally posted by jesska
if ur in the union u shud apply for the textbook scholoarship...they send forms like i dont remember when!! oh no!! but yeah...there's stuff in the union...
hmm that sounds like a good idea man - i might ask around 2morrow and stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)