Coles Myer Employment Process (1 Viewer)

enva

HSC
N/A
synthesized said:
what happens when you are called for a shift when you are not rostered on but you don't answer or return the call? (I work in nightfill and i thought that i would only receive calls from them from 4:30pm onwards, but this one came at 3:15pm).

will you be in that person's black books from now on and not receive any additional shifts apart from when you're rostered on, or will it be possible, the next time i see that person, to explain that it won't happen again and convince them to forget about it?
You arent obligated to do additional shifts, they are simply a bonus which can be very helpfull for some $$$. However you would be surprised how hard it is to get people to answer the phone when you call them to do an extra shift. I have been in that position before and not a single person was willing to work ( well actually only 1 out of 10+ answered the phone ). Just explain to the person who called you in that you did not know but you would have been willing to do the shift ( Even if you didnt want to do it )

pete_mate

HSC
damnit, everyone keeps beating me in the test here, i'm going to apply again just so i can get a better score to make me feel better.

heh, the idea of having to pick out shapes etc. is really quite ridiculous.

they do work placement things for retarted/disabled people in woolworths anyways, its really not a mental job.

hell, in the cadetship application process for pricewaterhousecoopers they didnt even have any type of intelligence testing whatsoever.

i suppose coles feels it can treat its applicants however they like. shit place to work.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
haha, the coles online thing is pretty stupid ... i got in the highest bracket both times i did it :)

they just sent me some thing about an interview the other day :\ i kinda forgot about the coles thing i did earlier this year. i really like the job im doing atm, but i need more hours, so im not sure whether i should go to the coles interview ... cause i'd really just be like 'hey, can you guys give me exactly the hours i want :eek:?'. cause i really wont be able to handle both jobs with uni... gah.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I don't know what has happened in this tread or what has been said but it is at about this time that the bigger companies, such as colesmyer, start to look at christmas applications. so apply now.

enva

HSC
N/A
Whoa, dare i say RIP Bi-Lo. I wonder how long the re-branding will take ( thats if i understand what the asx release said ). This sucks given it states that some stores will close, this is f'ing stupid. People shop at Bi-Lo since it is cheaper then Coles/Woolworths. Dumb move ColesMyer, soon to be Coles Group Limited

lanyon

HSC
Ohhh yea! I got a group interview on saturday.
How did you guys go on the online quiz?

BlackDragon

HSC
97% percentile. =D. Except, they haven't called me up for an interview yet. but they probably will for the xmas period.

BlackDragon

HSC
john31459 said:
I did the online test, did well, and two weeks later I got an email reminding me I had not yet done the bloody online test. Even now when I log into the site it says "Online testing complete". I tried replying to the email but it's probably an automatic and unattended address...:(
don't ring them. there is a link on the site where you can email them with technical issues. Just do that. Same thing happened to me, i did that, and they said yep its cool, we know you've done the test. and then they send me my results. ;)

onthebeatpete

HSC
N/A
hi everyone, i have an interview with officeworks coming up and was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what happens in the 2nd interview which is a one on one interview, as i was successful in the group interview.
such as what kinda questions? do i need to prepare?...

cheers ^_^

Last edited:

enva

HSC
N/A
To any current Bi-Lo employee's, have your stores been given any indication as to the conversion date to the Coles brand?.
Currently i believe that Market Town (4604) is currently undergoing renovations and will probably become Coles soon.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
How much does the cognitive part attribute to your consideration? I scored highly in the safety section and preferred interpersonal situations but only at the higher end of the second bar ie where 60% of people scored ?

the shu

HSC
hey
once you have completed the online test you will be sent an email or text message if a job comes up in your area you applied for. once you apply for that the local shop will call you for an interview. you will find out if you are successful if you get sent a 6 hour induction to complete on the net which you are paid for... doesnt take 6 hours easy as. once completed they call invite you in for orientation and start asap

MoonPieFace

HSC
Hi

I applied for ColesMyer about 2 weeks ago, got an email requesting a group interview for Wednesday a few days ago....anyway I was wondering what is involved in the group interview? How do they evaluate you to process you further?

Chicago

Now how heavy is that??!!
HSC
I swear Coles Myer has the worst processs ever for employment >_<...get this

Feb28th 2006: Applied online
First week of March: Online Test (98%th percentile)
June 7th: Groupie
August 10th: Invited to apply further for KMart
August 20th: Submitted KMart Application
September 10th: KMart invites me for a one on on
September 14th: One on one interview with some Kmartian! Went for like 5 minutes....biggest waste of time!!
September 17th: Officially employed by KMart

Induction- No date decided yet -_-" i mean HOLY FUCK...6 months...all i wanted was a job inbetween uni breaks!!

Last edited:

Zozo6969

HSC
97th percentile for me. I had no real problems with their recruitment. Applied February 2005, did test 2nd March 05, went to group interview that month. Never heard from them again. Then, February 2006, got an SMS saying the local Coles recruiting, so applied for that particular job. They rang 2 days later for a 1on1 interview. Went there, got the job the next day. Online induction the next week, then a week after that started work. The rest is history, not that there is anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)