Coles Myer Employment Process (1 Viewer)

neelz

HSC
Haha this is farking insane. I just checked my email and it says "Thank you for your participation in our recent group interview. We would like to advise you that you have been successful and advanced further in the recruitment process for a position with Coles Myer Ltd."

and it was sent like straight after i walked out of the application process room (1 hour ago)... lol crazy!

People who i had to work with in the group interview didnt talk and the lady said we shuold've talked more and "are you done already". we could tell she didnt like our table. but when we had to get our application process and talk to them 1-1 i just bullshited to her and asked her crap like "whats it like working for colesmyer" and yeah she really like that stuff. so i guess i got the email straight away! Haha

enva

HSC
N/A
neelz said:
when we had to get our application process and talk to them 1-1 i just bullshited to her and asked her crap like "whats it like working for colesmyer" and yeah she really like that stuff. so i guess i got the email straight away! Haha
Thats pretty much a move most people make, so its nothing she wouldnt have seen before. However if you where sincere enough it may have helped a bit. They prefer to see potential employee's who have an outgoing personality, when you go for the store interview try and ask some questions that will indicate your desire to not just work for CML but to advance your career inside the company. It couldnt hurt to mention that you may be interested in doing a Retail Operations certificate.

Just remember when it comes to store managers some are hard to impress and get along with, while others are outgoing and in your face.

pokgou

HSC
Hi! I just need some verification and will be greatful if someone could answer my query. I applied for the Myer Casual (in melbourne) recruitment for Christmas on june 9th 2006. Did the online test and got like 90%. They rang my reference and it went well. Attended the group interview on 16th june and got a reply via email on the 19th saying that : ''Thank you for your participation in our recent group interview. We would like to advise you that you have been successful and advanced further in the recruitment process for a position with Coles Myer Ltd. Subsequently, you will be aligned to a specific Myer vacancy and your application will be processed further.
There is no need to reply to this e-mail we will contact you to inform you of the next step in the selection process.
We appreciate your application and the time that you have taken to participate in our selection process and thank you for considering Coles Myer Limited as a prospective employer.''
But my worry is that it has been 2 weeks and yet i have not gotten a reply yet (have they lost my contact?). I know the process may take a while but i guess im desperate and feel a bit insecure about the position. Can someone just tell me if i should email them and ask, or just keep waiting? Also how long may it take and how may they contact me? Thanks!

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
pokgou said:
Hi! I just need some verification and will be greatful if someone could answer my query. I applied for the Myer Casual (in melbourne) recruitment for Christmas on june 9th 2006. Did the online test and got like 90%. They rang my reference and it went well. Attended the group interview on 16th june and got a reply via email on the 19th saying that : ''Thank you for your participation in our recent group interview. We would like to advise you that you have been successful and advanced further in the recruitment process for a position with Coles Myer Ltd. Subsequently, you will be aligned to a specific Myer vacancy and your application will be processed further.
There is no need to reply to this e-mail we will contact you to inform you of the next step in the selection process.
We appreciate your application and the time that you have taken to participate in our selection process and thank you for considering Coles Myer Limited as a prospective employer.''
But my worry is that it has been 2 weeks and yet i have not gotten a reply yet (have they lost my contact?). I know the process may take a while but i guess im desperate and feel a bit insecure about the position. Can someone just tell me if i should email them and ask, or just keep waiting? Also how long may it take and how may they contact me? Thanks!
If my memory serves me, they took quite some time in responding to me when I applied

I would advise you to wait another week; if you haven't heard anything from them then, give them a call

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
pete_mate said:
heh, i got 90% in the test and couldnt have been fucked to goto the interview.
I received 100% in the test, but I'm probably the worst retail employee in the world :)

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
They will take a while because the interviews aren't even for a few months.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
fnkychk said:
They will take a while because the interviews aren't even for a few months.
well after the interview i got that thankyou you have been successful blah blah we'll tell you when a position is available bla blah.....but they didnt notify me yet and it's been like a month? why is it so delayed? you think i should call, or will they eventaully get back to me?

lil sawa

HSC
i have an interview with CM on thursday, group interview in the store, & im not sure how i should dress...i was thinking maybe like casual, but dressy...sumthing like jeans, a nice top & jacket or sumthing...i dunno.....sum ppl r telling me not 2 wear jeans tho, wot do u think??i need 2 know asap!!thanx!

sarevok

HSC
sparkl3z said:
well after the interview i got that thankyou you have been successful blah blah we'll tell you when a position is available bla blah.....but they didnt notify me yet and it's been like a month? why is it so delayed? you think i should call, or will they eventaully get back to me?
i went to a group interview april last year, passed, and they never contacted me again...
the coles myer employment process is pretty fucked, as many people have mentioned, and you need a fair bit of luck to get a job out of it...don't wait around for a call, look for another job

Last edited:

vg_woz_here

HSC
bahhh coles is a crap place to work. i havent been to work in over 2 months..they can go get stuffed....

daman

HSC
just a question...

i applied for coles myer employment almost 6 months ago and recently got a job with them as night-fill. now that i am employed by coles myer will i no longer get notifications of job availiabilty in my area? because i dont really want to do night fill and would rather work in a myer store.

cheers

enva

HSC
N/A
john31459 said:
I did the online test, did well, and two weeks later I got an email reminding me I had not yet done the bloody online test. Even now when I log into the site it says "Online testing complete". I tried replying to the email but it's probably an automatic and unattended address...:(
It would be better to simply call CML recruitment for your state and have them look at the problem. It may help to say how much you wanted to get an interview for a casual/part-time job, they may be able to assist in finding one for you. But its not a guarantee

adorabella

HSC
Hey guys

Be really careful who you get as your observer - if they look like a massive cow...move away quickly

I had my group interview for Target (New Store Opening) around a month ago. My observer was a massive fat westie cow - and I don't want to play the victim but she really did keep on picking on me. When I was filling out my application form - she yelled at me that I wasn't supposed to be up to that section yet (like its my fault that other people write slow.) And then she slammed my paper over (I was sitting right next to her.) Next when I was trying to fill in my availability - she started yelling that I needed to be available more - when all I was trying to do was fill out the form.

Anyhow I really am passed the stage of student teacher relationships. So the next day I withdrew my application - also owing to the fact that red really isn't my colour. I don't know what I was thinking.

Hope this helps

cheers

James747

HSC
LOL! I got a one on one interview with Target two months ago, but received the rejection letter a month later. So unfair, I had no work xp and was up againts Uni students. :(

I got a group interview this thursday at Kmart, would my chances be higher as the xmas period is beginning to approach?

dodgyfilokid

HSC
i was lucky enough to get a job by using the online application thingy but seriously the process is fucked period.....although i get lots of shifts the pay is alright (10.12 an hour normal due to a pay rise) but could be better...as for all of you gettin pissed off...damn you have the right to be...the company should reform the process and introduce more incentives to entice people

daman

HSC
daman said:
just a question...

i applied for coles myer employment almost 6 months ago and recently got a job with them as night-fill. now that i am employed by coles myer will i no longer get notifications of job availiabilty in my area? because i dont really want to do night fill and would rather work in a myer store.

cheers
yes i would also like to know

DooGseY

HSC
Once you accept a job you're back to square one. You will need to go through the recruitment process again if you want to be offered more jobs.

synthesized

HSC
N/A
what happens when you are called for a shift when you are not rostered on but you don't answer or return the call? (I work in nightfill and i thought that i would only receive calls from them from 4:30pm onwards, but this one came at 3:15pm).

will you be in that person's black books from now on and not receive any additional shifts apart from when you're rostered on, or will it be possible, the next time i see that person, to explain that it won't happen again and convince them to forget about it?

anthonyde05

HSC
i have just completed the online assesment tests and got a score of 97%. How long do people usually have to wait until they get an interveiw?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)