Coles Myer Employment Process (1 Viewer)

enva

HSC
N/A
CML are still doing the recruitment for Myer, for how long this will continue is unknown. Considering that ColesMyer Limited will be re-branded soon - New name/logo etc.

As for the Nightfill question, it is best to try the job for a few weeks or even months just to see how you like it or untill you can request for a transfer to another department etc. I know from experience that some nightfills have been called on to do Registers, Deli at my Bi-Lo store on occasions.

However availabilities are the one issue that is constantly a problem for stores and casual employees. Not that long ago i tried to get some staff to come in to work on a sunday as 3 staff members called in sick. I couldnt get a single casual to work, not even for sunday rates. After 2hours of trying Casual and Part-time staff and getting No-one answering phone or saying no it became frustrating.
So if you want to make a good impression as a casual accept as many shifts as possible when others call in sick.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
So if you want to make a good impression as a casual accept as many shifts as possible when others call in sick.
It is possible to do that and still be crapped on though (although, I have found it beneficial to make friends with the frontenders and then subsequently bitch about my lack of hours. If certain people are frontenders at the time, and need to replace someone, they seem to take pity on me and ring me first...shame the same can't be said about all frontenders :()

Some_Guy

HSC
according to the website my application has been under consideration for the last few months.

WHEN THE FUCK AM I GONNA GET A CALL??!

*Minka*

HSC
I am pissed I won't be able to use my discount card at Myer when it come sinto effect. Yeah, I never got much money off, but I buy most of my clothes there and enjoyed withholding a little money from the company!

enva

HSC
N/A
hipsta_jess said:
It is possible to do that and still be crapped on though
Indeed, i get treated like that all the damn time, the supervisors have their own little "group" and if your not in it your screwed.
But it helps to make a good impression on the manager of the store

bugsie

HSC
hi , i am new here. i have been offered a job at one of the coles myer businesses, a target store near my house. i have completed the coles myer online induction and vaguely remember being told that i would have come in for a store orientation on the 23 of June. I was also told that i would receive some more paper work by email after completing the online induction.

i am so frustrated because I dont know how long it takes to actually start work in the darned store. Can someone tell me how long it takes after the online induction to actualy start the job. thanks a ton guys....

bugsie

HSC
I would also like to know if the workplace orientation day is also the day we start work at the store. do i need to call the store manager to know what the start date is? Would appreciate info guys.

mserica

HSC
Hi All

Can completely understand you when you say the CML recruitment process takes it time.

I used to contract for the recruitment department of CML at parramatta and we used to have a 6-8 week turnaround time from the time you were interviewed to the time you put your foot in the door for your first day of work.

Hang in there and keep applying for alternative positions, as its not only the head office that needs to approve your appointment it is also the store manager.

It all eventually works out however it does take time and usually is completed within then 6-8 week timeframe!

enva

HSC
N/A
The process is rather annoying as most people ive known who have applied with CML run into problems. For current CML employee's here is something you never want to be involved with"Return To Work Program", i never listened to the stories people told about how they were treated like crap during and after an RTW untill i went through it myself. CML are a**holes when it comes to any work place injury, well most of them some are ok.
One piece of advice i have is ALWAYS HAVE A WITNESS DURING ANY CONVERSATION and ASK FOR ALL CONDITIONS IN WRITING, DONT JUST TAKE THEIR WORD!!!!!!!.

bugsie

HSC
Hi guys, does anyone know whether any contract needs to be signed before starting the workplace orientation at the CML stores? Should I call my line manager and ask her about what time I should come for the workplace orientation? I have not heard anything from the Target Store I have been offered a job at after having completed my CML online induction nearly more than a week back.

I would appreciate specific answers to my q's. Thanks and have a nice day everyone.

*Minka*

HSC
enva said:
The process is rather annoying as most people ive known who have applied with CML run into problems. For current CML employee's here is something you never want to be involved with"Return To Work Program", i never listened to the stories people told about how they were treated like crap during and after an RTW untill i went through it myself. CML are a**holes when it comes to any work place injury, well most of them some are ok.
One piece of advice i have is ALWAYS HAVE A WITNESS DURING ANY CONVERSATION and ASK FOR ALL CONDITIONS IN WRITING, DONT JUST TAKE THEIR WORD!!!!!!!.
Yeah, Target were really prickish to a girl who chipped a bone when she tripped on some wet plastic coathangers management didn't clear away.

enva

HSC
N/A
Lol, saw something today that goes to show the bad moves CML makes. Some stores may have or get "Pay for use trollleys", $1 or $2 to use one but you get it back at the end. This has been tried before at some Kmart stores and back then you only needed 20c. I personally witnessed customers just walk away from the store in question and taking their buisness elsewhere. The simple fact is that customers dont want to pay to use the trolleys, CML should have learnt its lesson years ago with this system. In the end it will result in a loss of customers.

tubtub

HSC
i did the stupid onine test for coles/myer and got an email back saying that i did shit and that they wont give me any interviews/application crap. and they told me to apply again after 1 year to make shit fair to other ppl...........so i applied for some postions advertised online and they rejected every single one of them. :burn:and i havent heard anything from them. and this was in november last year.

i would say if u dont get any call from coles/myer, fuck them and apply for woolies-i finally got a job in bigw.

pete_mate

HSC
tubtub said:
i did the stupid onine test for coles/myer and got an email back saying that i did shit and that they wont give me any interviews/application crap. and they told me to apply again after 1 year to make shit fair to other ppl...........so i applied for some postions advertised online and they rejected every single one of them. :burn:and i havent heard anything from them. and this was in november last year.

i would say if u dont get any call from coles/myer, fuck them and apply for woolies-i finally got a job in bigw.
heh, i got 90% in the test and couldnt have been fucked to goto the interview.

enva

HSC
N/A
Any current Bi-Lo employee's concerned about the possibility of being rebranded as Coles? Given the fact that several stores in the central coast / hunter valley regions are close to established Coles stores. Hopefully by august the company will announce the fate of Bi-Lo. Even though it would take 5yrs alot of people feel that it would be a bad move.

neelz

HSC
okay, im totally freaking out.

I've got a group interview tomorrow for Kmart in the city (melb) and just trying to find out some of the basic stuff. Haven't search the thread or BOS cos my net is suppppppppppeerrr slow at the moment. So if anybody can help me with the following it would be great thanks!

Dear neelz
Thank you for your recent application for the Kmart with Coles Myer Limited.
Your application has been processed and you have now been selected to attend a Group Interview.
The Group Interview
The interview is a part of our selection process and will assist us in determining your suitability for a position with Coles Myer Limited.
We request that you dress in business attire and bring work entitlement information if required (eg. Birth certificate or extract, Passport or Citizenship papers).
You will be asked to participate in the following:
Group Activity – Consisting of team based activities, you will be assessed on your overall contribution in these activities.
Interview - A brief interview with a recruitment officer.
The sessions will take approximately 1.5 to 2 hours. Session times begin promptly and late attendees will not be admitted.

-would plain shirt, tie, black pants and shoes be okay?
- do i need anything else? maybe resume?
- and any other handy hints?

thanks a bunch!

HSC
yep that would do, i went, participate in the group interviews like there's no tommorow. put in al lyour 2c but keep it professional, you'll be asked too introduce yourself so recite what you might say prior so you can do it very confident and openly.

bring an open and creative mind they ask for team work with random wierd activities but they are cool i suppose if you got a great creativity. again make sure you put input into it, the lady there was analyssing me like crazy and i was too shy and didnt do much and didnt make it past group interview, but i got a job offer at roselands but i didnt want a job there (i think it was coles?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)