Coles Myer Employment Process (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
vg_woz_here said:
lol i always get 4hr shifts at coles..its so stupid and ridiculous..
My theory is they do that so they don't have to be paying you to sit on your bum on a break in the lunchroom.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Gee, you're a quick one!

Funnily enough, it's not just specific to Coles, LOL!

Dr_Doom

HSC
Coles was having stocktake. And the boss needed more people. So I rang him up and said, I can get more people if you want. He's like yeah sure the more the better. So I brought 4 mates from school and when they got there the boss is like "Oh sorry only coles employees can do stocktake". What kind of excuse is that.. He just said they could do it the same day. He was a new boss aswell, I think it was his second day on the job.

Well not to soon after I quit. I was just fedup with the whole coles thing. Getting up at 6am on weekends to go and do meat.

Anyway, if you want a job. Coles is not the way to go :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
See with our stocktake, current employees weren't allowed to do it, because apparently it occurs whilst we are working (*shrug*, I wasn't rostered on that day, so I really don't know)

Dr_Doom

HSC
Don't ever do stocktake though. It's the worst. Especially if you get frozen peas and icecream. They give you these stupid plastic gloves that do nothing. When I did it my hands went purple.

*Minka*

HSC
Hhahaa I create any excuse out in the book to get out of doing stocktake as I always end up coughing up my lungs because the store is never kept clean and the dust triggers my asthma really badly. We are having stocktake soon and it jsut happens to be when I am going to the soccer world cup. sucks for target. Muhahaha.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ummm of course only coles/the business in question employees can do stocktake at coles or whatever. derrr.

i think our next stocktake is june. yeah i just won't go.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I absolutely love stocktake, compared to the usual shifts. I get to go in plain clothes, and chat with mates while PDEing stock. Then we go out to the city afterwards to party, plus the money is good. The worst thing with stocktake for Officeworks are the low stock reports allocated to various team members for the next week or so, in which we have to go locate those items counted as deficit.

*Minka*

HSC
We are not allowed to talk during stocktake. I am deadly serious. When I first did it, we had someone standing there making sure we were in complete silence. First and Last time I ever did it.

enva

HSC
N/A
When it comes to Stocktake the state office may elect to send in people to observe what is going on, so the No-Talking, No Mobile Phones, Etc are in place for this. Dont know if it ever happens but its hard to know. I can agree with several negative viewpoints of CML in this thread, i had hell trying to get my application sorted due to problems with recruitment procedures. In the end i managed to get my current Bi-Lo position which i enjoy (Most Times), the only advice i have passed on to newer employee's at my store is ALWAYS BE AWARE OF YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSOBILITIES!.
Seriously i have seen so many problems occur due to poor communication between Supervisors at the front end and the frustrating delays caused when staff members dont do their job correctly. Some register operators at coles/bi-lo are well aware of the need to complete a simple square piece of paper titled "Problem Scans" while others simply ignore them. If no-one is told about the problem then it wont get fixed and that little piece of paper does that.
But in the end the customers are the ones who will become abusive over delays when needing a price check to be done by staff member rather then on a Max unit.

Anyone who want to work for CML should always take those Safety sign offs and Guides seriously, take it from someone who is on a dreaded "Return to Work" plan after an injury. Always follow the guidelines on heavy items and 2hour rotations for those employed at registers at Coles/ Bi-lo

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Problem Scan sheets, hahaha...we were all told about them, and it really depends on our mood/how busy it is whether or not we fill them out. When there is a line of 3-4 customers all with full trolley loads, the last thing I want to do is take another minute or two to fill one out. Other than that, I'm pretty good with filling them in.

I think there should be a MAX unit surgically attached to every register. Grocery steal them off us, and then get pissed off when we have to call them for a price check. Nongs.

vg_woz_here

HSC
i agree coles suck. ive been workin there for about 4-5 months...and im fed up....with everything....and i hate ringin up for shifts when they dont even pick up the bloody phone..grrrrrrr

does anyone know what to do when u wanna resign/quit?!?!

Dr_Doom

HSC
Actual letter of resignation from an employee at ZXXXXx Computers, USA, to her boss, who apparently resigned very soon afterwards!

Dear Mr. BXXXr,

As a graduate of an institution of higher education, I have a few very basic expectations. Chief among these is that my direct superiors have an intellect that ranges above the common ground squirrel. After your consistent and annoying harassment of my co-workers and me during the commission of our duties, I can only surmise that you are one of the few true genetic wastes of our time.

Asking me, a network administrator, to explain every little nuance of everything I do each time you happen to stroll into my office is not only a waste of time, but also a waste of precious oxygen. I was hired because I know how to network computer systems, and you were apparently hired to provide amusement to myself and other employees, who watch you vainly attempt to understand the concept of "cut and paste" for the hundredth time.

You will never understand computers. Something as incredibly simple as binary still gives you too many options. You will also never understand why people hate you, but I am going to try and explain it to you, even though I am sure this will be just as effective as telling you what an IP is. Your shiny new iMac has more personality than you ever will.

You walk around the building all day, shiftlessly looking for fault in others. You have a sharp dressed useless look about you that may have worked for your interview, but now that you actually have responsibility, you pawn it off on overworked staff, hoping their
talent will cover for your glaring ineptitude. In a world of managerial evolution, you are the blue-green algae that everyone else eats and laughs at.

Managers like you are a sad proof of the Dilbert principle. Since this situation is unlikely to change without you getting a full frontal lobotomy reversal, I am forced to tender my resignation, however I have a few parting thoughts.

When someone calls you in reference to employment, it is illegal for you to give me a bad recommendation. The most you can say to hurt me is "I prefer not to comment." I will have friends randomly call you over the next couple of years to keep you honest, because I know you would be unable to do it on your own.

I have all the passwords to every account on the system, and I know every password you have used for the last five years. If you decide to get cute, I am going to publish your "favorites list", which I conveniently saved when you made me "back up" your useless files. I do believe that terms like "Lolita" are not usually viewed favourably by the administration.

When you borrowed the digital camera to "take pictures of your Mother's birthday," you neglected to mention that you were going to take pictures of yourself in the mirror nude. Then you forgot to erase them like the techno-moron you really are. Suffice it to say I have never seen such odd acts with a sauce bottle, but I assure you that those have been copied and kept in safe places pending the authoring of a glowing letter of recommendation. (Try to use a spell check please; I hate having to correct your mistakes.)

Thank you for your time, and I expect the letter of recommendation on my desk by 8:00 am tomorrow. One word of this to anybody, and all of your little twisted repugnant obsessions will be open to the public.

Never mess around with your Systems Administrator. Why? Because they know what you do with all that free time!

Wishing you a grand and glorious day,

CeXXXXXX

*Minka*

HSC
enva said:
When it comes to Stocktake the state office may elect to send in people to observe what is going on, so the No-Talking, No Mobile Phones, Etc are in place for this. Dont know if it ever happens but its hard to know.
Nah, it is like that all the bloody time because Target is a miserable place to work.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Actual letter of resignation from an employee at ZXXXXx Computers, USA, to her boss, who apparently resigned very soon afterwards!

Dear Mr. BXXXr,

As a graduate of an institution of higher education, I have a few very basic expectations. Chief among these is that my direct superiors have an intellect that ranges above the common ground squirrel. After your consistent and annoying harassment of my co-workers and me during the commission of our duties, I can only surmise that you are one of the few true genetic wastes of our time.

Asking me, a network administrator, to explain every little nuance of everything I do each time you happen to stroll into my office is not only a waste of time, but also a waste of precious oxygen. I was hired because I know how to network computer systems, and you were apparently hired to provide amusement to myself and other employees, who watch you vainly attempt to understand the concept of "cut and paste" for the hundredth time.

You will never understand computers. Something as incredibly simple as binary still gives you too many options. You will also never understand why people hate you, but I am going to try and explain it to you, even though I am sure this will be just as effective as telling you what an IP is. Your shiny new iMac has more personality than you ever will.

You walk around the building all day, shiftlessly looking for fault in others. You have a sharp dressed useless look about you that may have worked for your interview, but now that you actually have responsibility, you pawn it off on overworked staff, hoping their
talent will cover for your glaring ineptitude. In a world of managerial evolution, you are the blue-green algae that everyone else eats and laughs at.

Managers like you are a sad proof of the Dilbert principle. Since this situation is unlikely to change without you getting a full frontal lobotomy reversal, I am forced to tender my resignation, however I have a few parting thoughts.

When someone calls you in reference to employment, it is illegal for you to give me a bad recommendation. The most you can say to hurt me is "I prefer not to comment." I will have friends randomly call you over the next couple of years to keep you honest, because I know you would be unable to do it on your own.

I have all the passwords to every account on the system, and I know every password you have used for the last five years. If you decide to get cute, I am going to publish your "favorites list", which I conveniently saved when you made me "back up" your useless files. I do believe that terms like "Lolita" are not usually viewed favourably by the administration.

When you borrowed the digital camera to "take pictures of your Mother's birthday," you neglected to mention that you were going to take pictures of yourself in the mirror nude. Then you forgot to erase them like the techno-moron you really are. Suffice it to say I have never seen such odd acts with a sauce bottle, but I assure you that those have been copied and kept in safe places pending the authoring of a glowing letter of recommendation. (Try to use a spell check please; I hate having to correct your mistakes.)

Thank you for your time, and I expect the letter of recommendation on my desk by 8:00 am tomorrow. One word of this to anybody, and all of your little twisted repugnant obsessions will be open to the public.

Never mess around with your Systems Administrator. Why? Because they know what you do with all that free time!

Wishing you a grand and glorious day,

CeXXXXXX
hahahaha - brilliantly owned.

steelite

HSC
enva said:
Seriously i have seen so many problems occur due to poor communication between Supervisors at the front end and the frustrating delays caused when staff members dont do their job correctly. Some register operators at coles/bi-lo are well aware of the need to complete a simple square piece of paper titled "Problem Scans" while others simply ignore them. If no-one is told about the problem then it wont get fixed and that little piece of paper does that.
But in the end the customers are the ones who will become abusive over delays when needing a price check to be done by staff member rather then on a Max unit.
Pfft, those problem scan sheets are a waste of time, previously the former manager just told us to first ask the customer if they know the price, then if they dont know, just pick a price which is what you think, but make sure its under what you think so they dont start complaining and he would actually be forced to do a price check. Some days the problem scan sheet would be filled in with the ones written in previous days so yeah, l think problem sheets are pretty useless

daman

HSC
i was in myer today and i asked a salesperson how i would go about getting a job. he told me: through the online application process, i told him i had done it about 6 months ago. he then said that they were looking/selecting around this time.

is there any truth in what he said or was he just trying to make me feel hopeful?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I doubt they would be at the moment, for most brands I think it is pretty quiet at the moment, but, they should start firing up again in about September, looking to boost staff numbers for Christmas.

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
daman said:
i was in myer today and i asked a salesperson how i would go about getting a job. he told me: through the online application process, i told him i had done it about 6 months ago. he then said that they were looking/selecting around this time.

is there any truth in what he said or was he just trying to make me feel hopeful?
Depends what area you put down for your application. Check your email. Yeah they usually get lots of vacancies around easter i heard. I applied in December and only got 2 emails from them in the last month. Maybe consider changing your preferred employment areas to less populated suburbs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)