Coleridge (1 Viewer)

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Can anybody please briefly explain what Kubla khan is about and also what Frost at midnight is about and how they are imaginative journeys .... Please ....
Thank you

niall045

HSC
Coleride is on Drugs

Kubla Khan is about the unity of good and evil in nature in a nutshell. Thats in the second stanza. The first goes on about a king who wanted to build a big pleasure dome. Im lost on the rest. The kid wrote it on mescalin so what can u expect? Hope it helps.

dragon eyes

HSC
frost at midnight is a poem in which Coleridge looks into his past at school whiile starin into the fireplace "the blue flame" acts as the portal to his memory and how he didn't like it. He looks at the sleeping child and doesn't want history to repeat itself.

Kubla Khan is pretty much about synthesis and it stresses on the importance of time and how good can't exist without evil. the summer house being built seen as peaceful contrasts with the subterrenean world - the River Alph (i don't remember how to spell it) "that feeds into the sunless sea"- i hope this helps Kubla Khan is very hard

pungpui

HSC
frost of midnight is all about sex
head butting against things
things that happen at night
ALL ABOUT SEX I TELL YOU

look at the very first lines

then all the rest is about his life, all the moments until that moment

SEXXXXXX

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
pungpui said:
frost of midnight is all about sex
head butting against things
things that happen at night
ALL ABOUT SEX I TELL YOU

look at the very first lines

then all the rest is about his life, all the moments until that moment

SEXXXXXX
pungpui's correct :p :uhhuh:

pungpui

HSC
see i told ya...believe us...we did the hsc last yr...LOL :)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Frost at Midnight is what we call one of Coleridge's "conversational poems" and his focus in the poem is the personality and the quality of imaginative thought.

Kubla Khan is a work of meta fiction and compares poetic inspiration with the creation process- note the major use of sexual imagery in this one!!

Lorie

HSC
Imaginiative journeys are within the minds and expose the creative aspect of all coleridges poems that you study. This allows the journey to travel beyond the normal constraints that are encounted in physcial journeys. Travel through time and the imagination is possible in an imaginative journey.

Frost at midnight is coleridges experiance into his past and the future. The flame acts a gathway into his past and the isolation he had from his childhood, and his dislike for school and the unnatural city life. His link with nature and god is shown by his love for nature and the uncofortable position he is in away from nature. His child is a symbol for the futuer and how he can see that same love for nature in his childs eyes.

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
Kubla Kahn is very much a poem by coleridge to show the frustration of attempting to create perfect poetry. That's the theme, perfection. He is trying to create the perfect poem but goes on to explain how infinately hard and impossible it is.

smunky

HSC
good old coleridge

As you know both are examples of 'Romantic' poems, revealing nature and creation. Kubla Khan is the unity of opposites. Has much sensual imagery and has an underlying theme of sexual energy and tension "with ceaseless turmoil seething".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)