Coleridge & Imag Journeys - HELP (1 Viewer)

fireman-samm

HSC
Hey,
In big trouble. I have half yrlys next week. & I am having trouble understanding & remembering all the Coleridge & Imag journeys stuf.
If anyone has any help at all, or notes handy on the computer can you please post them, anything will help right now!!!
lol
=]

peggd

HSC
hey if you get any replies would love your help!!!! i have my half yearly english exam this thursday.....so totally screwed. all i know is that kubla khan is the easiest (and shortest) poem to remember.....

fireman-samm

HSC
aww really. i think kublakhan's the hardest i really dont understand it lol. & we didnt really learn it at all.. arghh..
my exam is tomorro. im still reseaerchin n stuff but i'll post wat i have when i'm done =]

peggd

HSC
let us know what coleridge poen your doin....i might hav a few notes on it coz wen we learnt i just wrote everything down that the teacher sed. dont worry too much....our teachers sed our half yearlys are goin 2 b hard....healf yearlys and trial will be crazy but hsc is apparantly easy as piss. lol....so yeh...let me no. i hav my english book here waiting for your reply :)

im dianne btw.
:wave:

fireman-samm

HSC
aw sorry, i was offline.
I'm sam :)
umm i'm doin all 4. lol.
limetree, kubla khan, frost at midnight, & rime of the ancient mariner.
i have heaps of notes on limetree & rime & a bit on frost, but i need the most for kubla khan. loll
:eek: scary. lolll

peggd

HSC
The main idea of kubla khan it to show the reader of a Utopia....it sounds great, everyone wants to go there. It has sort of a good vs evil theme. The imaginative journey represented consists of contrast between good and evil, more or less supernatural. It gives the reader their own imagination as they also search for their own Utopia. It's a journey into coleridge's mind as it was his dream.
Some assumptions of the journey are firstly to understand the dream and secondly to find our own utopia within our imagination....coleridge helps us do this by using techniques such as imagery, descriptive writing and contrasts.

Thats basically an outline....i think you can get some quotes based on this outline. so yeh.....:)

im still researching too....are you doing a stimulus text???

fireman-samm

HSC
thank you heaps ey!
yeah i'm doing stimulus booklet too.
i have only really studied one for tomoro.
which is the ivory trail, because its visual & yeah.
i'm panicing so bad lol.
i can't write stories ey. n argh.
ahwell its not the end of the world lol.

your exams on thursday isn't it? goodluck!!

peggd

HSC
this should help with the stimulus stuff :) found it around this site somewhere lol......its pretty good. good luck ay!!! you should do fine. tell us how you go.

fireman-samm

HSC
aww thank you so much, i wish i read that yesterday.
goodluck hey!

legal tomorow hehe, that should be good =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)