cold-feet (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
getting bored, but not sure I wanna go to Uni anymore. Decided that, if I don't get into ADFA, I'm gonna become a cop ;) LOL.

Ribbon

I have become so lazy... I still have to work all this hols but its a hell of alot better than having to do schoolwork and work... and I got told my degree was like doing the HSC all over again.... I'm not looking forward to spending the next 5 years doing the HSC...

Actually, I'm starting to think the dole looks pretty good :rolleyes:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm excited.... but a bit nervous at the same time, but still excited! Like natstar, the one thing that worries me most is what my flatmates will be like.... I don't want to live with unfun and unfriendly folk.

Majesty

HSC
N/A
To be quiet honest, everyone at uni is quite friendly (well at Macquarie). You can pretty much stand in enrolment line and just start talking to some random person and it's all good. Although there are some exceptions of a few dickheads (which i wont mention) that should be deported/jailed/whatever for being pricks.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i m XCITED abt uni . Can't wait till it starts!! there's nufing to be scared of ppl....:)

vanity

HSC
hello? if anyone should be scared, it should be me >.<
it isnt common for girls to do IT computing courses. so i'm going to be the only girl surrounded by all these geeky computer nerd guys.. i wont know anyone at the uni i'm going to.. its like starting kindergarten all over again :( no friends. no idea. no clue.

*cries*

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by vanity
hello? if anyone should be scared, it should be me >.<
it isnt common for girls to do IT computing courses. so i'm going to be the only girl surrounded by all these geeky computer nerd guys.. i wont know anyone at the uni i'm going to.. its like starting kindergarten all over again :( no friends. no idea. no clue.

*cries*
dont worry.. there's gonna be other girls in the same position as yoo, trust me.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i was hoping to meet ppl in enrolment lines but there were no lines! Where were my lines??? i was told about lines, and they were non existant!!! damnit, now i will have to go to oweek to meet ppl.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Chris462
yeah ive suddenly realised that my lifestyle of surfing and sleeping and eating is pretty good, i dont want to go to uni anymore!
LOL...same here.... :D

Chris462

Originally posted by jezzmo
if i was close to the beach, i wouldn't want to go back to uni... but at the moment things are very boring and I'm looking forward to university squash and frequenting the pub.

ps. Chris462, i'm guessing you like Tool - Lateralus (Parabola) and Cog - 101 ? :)
jesus man, spot on...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Vanity... I will be in a course where I know no one, at a uni where I know no one, in a city where I know no one and don't know my way around...

But that's the beauty of it really. It will be an exciting life experience and it will be a steep learning curve and I think uni will be really great even though it will involve being out of my comfort zone so much.

In a way I'd prefer to be in a course less female-dominated... I find that girls en masse can be quite bitchy where a lot of guys have less hang ups.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Actually the one thing I am kind of scared of is failing a subject and having to pay more money than I have to:(.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh

In a way I'd prefer to be in a course less female-dominated... I find that girls en masse can be quite bitchy where a lot of guys have less hang ups.
this is so true!!:)

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
mmm....best policy is to ''mind ur own business''

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by natstar
Im also nervous about moving to a different environment than what im used too. From a costal beachy surf town to... Blacktown ?
Just be more careful at night..

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
NATSTAR! your moving to blacktown hahaha thats my area! (well not really i live in glendenning but it's 10 mins away)

with what minai sed in regards to being careful at nite... "get a car! if u need to get around at nite! it's not that dangerous but if ur walking by urself and u look like the vulnerable type :s ..... just make sure ur with people when u can...

i've never had any problem with this area before ... however there's a lotta try hard lil hard kients though... buy pepper spray and spray da buggers :D ... however theres lotsa cops roaming around these days especially in the day (u neva see em at nite when they're most needed!)

hope i didn't scare you ... im just kidding i don't think it's that bad but u mite encounter the lil hard kients at westpoint and da station but dey don't start anything usually....... there's a lotta drug dealing on main street though (they're the scabby trashy looking white guys on bikes and addidas trackpants) .... if u eva find out where the sushi place is on main street, dont walk between them buildings at night!

Ribbon

This is why I'm glad I got my first preference at ANU, and not my 5th or 6th at UWS :rolleyes:

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
yeah, it does sound a lil' scary. A good general rule: never go anywhere by yourself at night (unless you absolutely have to). That especially applies to us gals.

When i was in Sydney last, walkin' down near central station at night was scary enough (and i was with a few other people too).

my campus is right near a dairy farm just out of Cooranbong, with the Watagan mtns to the west, and the Newcastle Fwy to the east. I'm a country gal, so it suits me fine. But really, u gotta be careful anywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)