Coffee? (1 Viewer)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
coffee - you catch up. talk. suss each other out. find out the goss. could escalate further from there ie movies, car, bedroom, bathroom etc

spell check

HSC
Codename_Alpha said:
If a guy asks you to go to coffee is it just coffee or someting more
you'd have to look at the ingredients, i'm not sure at which point adding things like fur, mince, sauces etc turn coffee from being coffee to some other entity but i'd say once it is less than 40% coffee it becomes something more

Kronkite

HSC
N/A
Cactus said:
Ladder theory applies here. There is no such thing as 'just coffee' in male-female relationships.
I don't know about that...

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Unless he's gay, or you're very unattractive the guy is not going to be taking you to coffee purely just to talk as friends. As other people say, it's an oportunity to suss the situation out, to talk and see if there is a connection, but going to coffee is easier becuase its not a commitment nor is it a 'date'. If nothing happens then it was 'just coffee'.

What i'm saying is, there is an element of sussing the other person out, coffee will never be 'just coffee'. If the guy just wants to talk to you and catch up he would ring or talk to you at school or whatever. But the coffee situation is a guaranteed 1-on-1 where he can check you out, physically and personality wise

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
nah, usually it isn't just coffee... that's so plain... :p

when i ask someone to coffee it is usually a 'double-shot expresso mocha with whipped cream and extra powdered chocolate on top' :9

so yeah, invitee beware. ;)
Powdered chocolate? Do they appreciate scat this early on in the game?!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
lengstar said:
hahaha, if i say coffee its to meet and greet and check out the other person's character physically. pseudo-date. haw haw.
This man speaks the truth. Minus the haw haw.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
something more? like muffins? lamingtons? those little refreshment mints they have on the small plate next to the sugar?

spell check

HSC
spell check said:
you'd have to look at the ingredients, i'm not sure at which point adding things like fur, mince, sauces etc turn coffee from being coffee to some other entity but i'd say once it is less than 40% coffee it becomes something more
raiks you stole my joke

weak

harrys

Yeh..cofees to suss it out.
Dosent cost much, so he's not wasting his money if your a dud.

lengstar

HSC
Ah you simple people... so, do you define a person by the coffee they drink?

Keen

MD
HSC
Nah,

It matters what kind of relationship you are with the guy. If it's someone you're pretty friendly with and haven't talked in a while or whatever then it may just be coffee.
But I mean if they sort of randomly ask you if you want to go out for coffee - it means something - may not mean much like "yeah you're alright let's get to know each other a bit" or that they really like you and they're pretty much asking you out.
But don't let that get on your head, enjoy it and see if anything happens.

Keen

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Codename_Alpha said:
just coffee..
He asked you out to coffee to get to know you, if he wants more and is interested in you he will probably ask you out somewhere

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
the best analogy used in this thread to help the original poster asking about the coffee question is spell_check. use it and you will go far. don't use it and you could still go far.

what i'm trying to say, is that coffee is just coffee. don't think beyond than what is already in front of you. there is no need for uneeded stress unless of course if you're fat. in this case, indulge on what stress that you do gain. :D

but again, just enjoy yourslef, and just focus on what is there, and not fo what is not there beyond the focus.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
lesmiester_dj said:
the best analogy used in this thread to help the original poster asking about the coffee question is spell_check. use it and you will go far. don't use it and you could still go far.
amen to that

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Codename_Alpha said:
well doesn't this all depend on who the guy is?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)