COFA - Advisory Day (1 Viewer)

beezjaxx

HSC
Sooo that's tomorrow, right? And if i were to say, catch a bus from Central the map says it stops at stands 2 and 3 ...Any idea how i will be able to tell when to get off the bus? I have no idea what the area even looks like, let alone be able to tell which is which stand! Ahhh.....

whiteeagle

HSC
beezjaxx said:
Sooo that's tomorrow, right? And if i were to say, catch a bus from Central the map says it stops at stands 2 and 3 ...Any idea how i will be able to tell when to get off the bus? I have no idea what the area even looks like, let alone be able to tell which is which stand! Ahhh.....
1) If you don't know how the area looks like, make sure you'll get a map. It's available at any train station.

2) If you want to go by bus, please question the driver whether he will go pass COFA (or Greens Rd) & ask him to stop for you there. Last time, I made my way to an interview with SCA just by using a map, asking people & the bus driver.
Eventhough, it's safer to ring COFA & ask for direction.
Searching the Bus Roote & number in the net is also a solution.

3) My advice: get off at Museum, walk along Oxford Street (about 15 mins) & look on the right for Greens Rd. COFA is right there.
For a more specific discription, plz scroll down to etc.etc.etc's reply.

Good luck

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
COFA isn't too hard to find. Just make sure you have a map, ask a bus driver, and maybe give yourself a little extra time in case you do get lost (though I'm sure you won't). If all else fails, ask someone on Oxford St.

COFA is on the right side of the road, as you come down from the city. There is a service station just outside (think it's a Mobil) so that should be a good clue. From Oxford St you can see the campus art store too.

It basically goes, Mobil slightly in front of COFA, COFA, Greens Road, Victoria Barracks.

Looking out for Victoria Barracks is your best bet, because there is a break in shops on the right hand side - just trees and sandstone wall. The barracks are huge too - so any bus driver will know definately what you're talking about.

beezjaxx

HSC
hmmmmmmm i don't even know what the outside of cofa looks like. yikes! maybe i should try and get a friend to drive me? damnit i suck... thats what you get for living 1.5 hrs away! ahhhhhh

fugazi

HSC
I got lost finding COFA a couple of days ago. Go me.

I just kind of figured that I'd be able to keep walking up Oxford St. and find a huge building and enter it. And I did.

Unforunately it was the Army place. Luckily I got out of there without being shot or anything lame like that. (Because that's what people do in the army, they shoot things.)

This is a little late, but just look for the Mobil and it should be right there behind it. It's obscured by everything.

beezjaxx

HSC
Haha yeah i found it! My friend drew me a map and emailed it to me but i disobeyed his instructions and when i was on the bus i saw this girl with the COFA bus timetable that they sent out to all the newies and i got off the bus when she did and started following her. The thing was, she went into a printing shop and i was left all alone! Luckily... i saw another girl at the nearby traffic lights and i asked her where it was. She was ALSO going to the same place for the same course! Yay for me! So i even made it on time to get a seat in the meeting room! Heeheehee......

whiteeagle

HSC
beezjaxx said:
...when i was on the bus i saw this girl with the COFA bus timetable that they sent out to all the newies and i got off the bus when she did and started following her. The thing was, she went into a printing shop and i was left all alone! Luckily......
ahah, perhaps she knew that she was followed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)