Co-op (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Da Monstar
i assume its a chance of making it to the co-op program.
Thankyou Monster, but I meant why does he(?) feel he(?) can't make it in ...

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
nah, i'm not worried. i'm just interested at what "activities" other ppl have been doing. and what course ppl are applying for

i'll prolly do Telecommunications or Computer science

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
nah, i'm not worried. i'm just interested at what "activities" other ppl have been doing.
Good activities include community service, school/vice captain, rotary and other caharity clubs/appeals, stuff like that ... (don't freak out if you havn't done any of these things, I got to interview stage without having ANY of these kinds of activities ...)

guesswho

HSC
Originally posted by McLake
Good activities include community service, school/vice captain, rotary and other caharity clubs/appeals, stuff like that ... (don't freak out if you havn't done any of these things, I got to interview stage without having ANY of these kinds of activities ...)

yeh... but i heard they interview heaps of people.
and the one's with those credentials will get in.

Also may i ask if u got into co-op?

Also can u or anyone tell me when they notify u if you've passed the interview and will get a scholarship so long as the uai is fine?

See my problem is i'll pick commerce (actuarial stud.)at Unsw over say Macq. Uni only if i get the scholarship (since it provides indust. training).

If we'll only know in Jan, then it be a gamble, sort of....

timmii

sporadic attendee
They tell u before HSC if u've been accepted on the condition of UAI (i think...from memory) :)

SoFTuaRiaL

neither mclake nor myself made it to the co-op .... well, i dint apply for it in first place, but meh ..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Da Monstar
neither mclake nor myself made it to the co-op .... well, i dint apply for it in first place, but meh ..
Yeah, applying seems to be a prerequisite for most scholarships these days...unless you get 100 UAI! Then you don't even need to call them!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by timmii
They tell u before HSC if u've been accepted on the condition of UAI (i think...from memory) :)
No, for Co-op they tell you a few days before your UAI is released ...

SoFTuaRiaL

isnt it ...
1. they tell u if uve been accepted for the interview just before the hsc gets over (based on ur application)
2. the interview is conducted in the first week or so of dec
3. they tell u if uve been accepted a week before the uai comes out
4. that is confirmed after the uai comes out

timmii

sporadic attendee
yep u're right. sorry :shy:

hehe thats what u get when u have non-coop ppl attempting to answer questions...I think i'll just leave it to the professionals.

Last edited:

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Yeah, applying seems to be a prerequisite for most scholarships these days...unless you get 100 UAI! Then you don't even need to call them!
Hehe they call u instead! :p

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by timmii
yep u're right. sorry :shy:

hehe thats what u get when u have non-coop ppl attempting to answer questions...I think i'll just leave it to the professionals.
rofl , we're in the same boat timmii ...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Okey, let's see what I can do :) There are a few co-ops around, by the way, I just forget who they are.
Originally posted by jm1234567890
nah, i'm not worried. i'm just interested at what "activities" other ppl have been doing. and what course ppl are applying for

i'll prolly do Telecommunications or Computer science
I do comp sci co-op (first year).

I was a prefect, did peer support, lifesaving, volunteer work at the RSPCA etc. They're not just looking for those sorts of things, they also want you to be interested in things OTHER than study (eg sports). There's also an emphasis on leadership skills.

Originally posted by guesswho
yeh... but i heard they interview heaps of people.
and the one's with those credentials will get in.

Also can u or anyone tell me when they notify u if you've passed the interview and will get a scholarship so long as the uai is fine?

See my problem is i'll pick commerce (actuarial stud.)at Unsw over say Macq. Uni only if i get the scholarship (since it provides indust. training).
They do interview many people. If you really want to know I can ask at the co-op office for you as to how many people applied. BIT has more applicants than Computer Science as a rule, but then BIT has 20 more places than Comp Sci.

They notify you a few days or the day before the UAIs are released if you're successful. Whether you get the scholarship or not is, of course, dependent on your UAI, so you have to call them and tell them your UAI before they actually accept you.

There is also a 'waiting list' - ie, if you didn't quite qualify for the scholarship but someone who was selected didn't get the required UAI, you're in. :)

As a sidenote, they did ask me about my other preferences and other scholarship applications. I'd be careful of putting down co-op as a 'oh I might as well' thing, since they'll think you won't be as devoted as other students may be.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Are there only 5 comp sci ppl anti? And were u at the ball tonite? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)