Co-op interviews! (1 Viewer)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Ethical? What the.. ;)

I'll be at open day - is it just Comp Sci or all Coop? Anyway, it's on the 3rd of Dec and I WILL BE THERE :D

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
hehe wish it was that easy kaseita
ethical..hmm..hehe ya know helpin old ladies across the street and what not
do like that guy in the nrma ad did, turn up late, but say you had to save someones life or something :p

theone123

blue essence
HSC
u lucky bastards :) unfortunately i received a unsuccessful letter, any i also want to know how they choose the applicants, do u need a lot of extra curricular activities? my friend who got high grades and even rank no.1 in year still werent offered to the interview stage

kaseita

*shrugs* didn't go for it so I wouldn't know ;)

theone123 - you don't need "alot" of extra-curricular. but then if ur goina get no.1 n high grades, and have none or very little evidence of having any social abilities, then ur not goina make it to the interview stage. i.e. no offense, but say your only extra is chess, it doesn't really say much :p (not putting down chess - I did it myself).
you'll find that if you ever meet the co-op people, they're generally quite outgoing, and it shows up. they're also quite smart, so you need both to succeed I guess.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
im EXTREMELY outgoing......smart..? that can be debateable :)

kaseita

well, if you reckon your sure enough to at least get 99+, then consider yourself smart enough :)
u don't need to be a full-blown genius. there are co-op people in the 2nd class (so just above average of the cohort - this is just for maths though)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by bong
yay! got interview for actuarial studies!
ohhhh, nice bong!
damn, how'd u get into actuarial? :D:p
oh well, good on ya! at least u got sorta wot u wanted.
me: info sys and management...hmmm, sif i really want to study that in uni :rolleyes:

study? i dunno, so so. u?

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by guesswho
can someone tell me how unsw notifies that you've got an interview.
thanx
u should've received something from unsw by the 7th of nov, ie. last fri.
if ur successful, u get a yellow A4 folder, which has like maps and rsvp forms inside and stuff. if ur unsuccessful, i suspect u just get a normal envelope

fitz33

HSC
yeh i got an interview for actuarial as well
from what i hear they have like 6 or 7 groups of 10 ppl to be interviewed and give out about 2 scholarships to each group (thats for actuarial anyways)

bong

HSC
Originally posted by fitz33
from what i hear they have like 6 or 7 groups of 10 ppl to be interviewed and give out about 2 scholarships to each group (thats for actuarial anyways)
i thought it was individual interviews by a panel of at least 2 ppl?

@pigs: cos... im a "brilliant all-rounder"... LOL

come to open day!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
the panel is usually a co-op person and a representative of a company sponsoring the scholarship.. there was one other person at mine, I forget who.

i do normal maths.. but many of them do higher maths. and actuaries do..... actuarial maths. :)

brown_eyes

yeah.. its only single interviews.. i doubt theyd hav more than one interview goin at a time.. cos its in only in one room.. and every half hour.. that doesn't leave that many interviewees does it?

theres 600+ interviewees across the board for every program.. i knwo that much.. btu not sure bout actuarial.. im really curious.. lol

Last edited:

bong

HSC
if its one at a time... dere cant b more dan 20-30 odd pplz all up who got an interview for actuarial studies???

fitz33

HSC
what i meant was there are 70 ppl who get interviews (for actuarial) and they set them all into 7 groups of 10. then each person from each group is interviewed individually by a group of interviewers, but each group has different interviewers.

fitz33

HSC
yeh thats what i've heard as well. makes sense, 16/70 is close enough to a quarter.

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
Hmm.... just received the interview letter today.
They got my suburb wrong so it got delayed.
Got interview for Actuary, first pref.. so me happy :p
but um... not sure how I'll go
But going to the open day anyway :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)