Co dominance and Incomplete dominance (1 Viewer)

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Hey guys,

Just a few things:
So with incomplete dominance and co dominance both alleles are dominant, neither is recessive right? So organisms which are either co dominance and incomplete dominance can have the same genotypes?
So how do you know if something is going show the traits, the phenotype, of co dominance or incomplete dominance? Is there a general rule, like certain organisms (like cows) will always be co dominant or certain flowers will always show incomplete dominance?

Not sure if my question made sense but yeahhh..

samthebear

HSC
Incomplete dominance is something like a 'blend' Ie: a red(RR) flower crossed with a White(WW) flower produces Pink(RW) flowers.

Co-dominance is when the traits do not blend but are seperate - such as in the case of Roan cows.

So how do you know if something is going show the traits, the phenotype, of co dominance or incomplete dominance? Is there a general rule, like certain organisms (like cows) will always be co dominant or certain flowers will always show incomplete dominance?
in Blueprint of life you will only ever be asked questions on co-dominance. incomplete dominance is only studied if you do the genetics option topic. So for all argument's sake, if a question about co-dominance crops up that sounds like an incomplete dominance question outside of the genetics options topic in the HSC exam just answer the question as a co-dominance question.
Other than that, they should tell you if the organisms' studied trait is co-dominant or incomplete dominant.

HSC
how i learn the difference is...
Co- dominance,
the co- is like Cow,,
and cows, are two colours (ie:roan),.. works for me.. :rofl:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)