Cloudstreet essays (1 Viewer)

SBHS4EVER

HSC
What assessments did u guys get for cloudstreet?

We got
"how is your reading (i.e. post-col, feminist) valid to apply to Cloudstreet (or Donne or King Lear for that matter) or is a traditional Leavisite reading more accurate to apply?

is a roflcopter
HSC
:rolleyes:
considering you 2 are from the same school, thats not too freaky

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
mine was pretty similar, but we had to read a whole chunk of crap as well.

TastesGoodBut

the idea was that my post was a joke... i figured noone in the world wasdoing cloudstreet apart from us and that noone would ever reply to that post anyway...

i hate school - specially english...

del

HSC
N/A
last year we had a 'fish bowl discussion' on the themes/readings of cloudstreet......

urgh...

sponger69

"A text to be considered worthy of study must have a core that is available and understood by all readers"
We have 2 write a feature article where we present our view on this statement making reference to context, values and attitudes ,form and structure. crazy hey

N

ND

'Texts are valued differently in different contexts.'

Account for the different ways cloudstreet can be valued by concentrating on a particular character from the work and outlining how different readers might respond to the character and the values implied in these responses.

I handed it in today, so it should be a couple of months before i get my mark. :rolleyes:

SBHS4EVER

HSC
Thanks ppl- u guys r lifesavers- evry other class in our skul has alredy started Mod C cept us!!
btw how u know that we go to the same school

TastesGoodBut- action this Monday coming up- u know wat i mean

is a roflcopter
HSC
because i go to your school as well :p
and so does ezzy

rolz

yeah well i dont go to ur skool and we are just about to start cloudstreet so i may need help later on.
iVE READ IT and thought it was ok but the first couple of chapters were really boring:sleep:

TastesGoodBut

yeh i read it

i actually didnt mind it...

i found that there was way too much empasis on some characters and not enough on others and overall there were probably too many characters that didnt help move the plot along...

it definately didnt deserve all the awards it got - altho i am interested in reading Dirt Music once HSC is over (Novermber 12...)

SBHS4EVER

HSC
yeh Cloudstreet aint too bad except theres way too much to comment on in various readings. Half the good stuff- u can relate in a reading.

If u need any help, just holler- its made a lot clearer if u read different synopses of the text e.g. Excel/ Wizard after u have finished a chapter. If u need help readings- get Reading Tim Winton by Rossiter- its got everything on all types of readings cept a bit of irrelevant stuff from his other novels like Open Swimmer etc.

Btw who is Ezzy and Newbie? Its me Paul R.

N

ND

Originally posted by SBHS4EVER
If u need help readings- get Reading Tim Winton by Rossiter- its got everything on all types of readings cept a bit of irrelevant stuff from his other novels like Open Swimmer etc.
Nice, i'll have to pick it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)