Cloudstreet Essays and Representations (1 Viewer)

big al

Banned
what essay questions have you got!!!!....

what r we suppose to examine when we do cloudstreet are we supose to look at the different meanings...what meanings are there HELP!!!!!

gnrlies

HSC
Thats the same question i have

Someone please answer us!

TastesGoodBut

one we got for an assessment:

something about whether a leavisite reading was valid for interpreting the text studied

basically you had to decide for or against, and back it up with other readings and stuff

in the end my answer was that other readings should be undertaken but a leavisite is still useful in understand the authors intent etc....

rhinoivory

I'm also in the same boat. Where can we find a study supplement for cloudstreet? I'm having a bit of trouble with it....

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
they r all quite shit 2 b honest, none of them looks at critical theories only levisite, tho they r handy wif quotes. imo its better 4 u 2 apply different critical theories and develop ur own readings wif supporting evidence and keeping txtual integrity

inasero

Reborn
HSC
it is arguable the extent to which one can maintain textual integrity in the application of a reading...for as Marx mentioned in his famed manifasto...Ideologies are subject to socio-economic forces and to think otherwise would be deceiving ourselves with a 'false consciousness'...

anyhows what you'll generally find is that the various study guides out there do not give readings from particular perpectives so I recommend you search around for academic criticisms....one example is 'the God quest in Australia' which applies a religious reading...

nerdd

our question : "circumstances change but human nature essentially stays the same"..

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
Originally posted by nerdd
our question : "circumstances change but human nature essentially stays the same"..
hey we had that question in our half yearly... in relation to the tempest n explorers!
cloudstreet doesnt need supplementary material
textual integrity is like keeping free of plaguarism isnt it? or something like keeping to the truth..? i dunno...

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
ooh i know what textual integrity is now...

the unity of a text; its coherent use of form and language to produce an integrated whole in terms of meaning and value

well thats what the board of studies thing says anyhow....

goldenphoenix1

HSC
MicK_eT said:
hey we had that question in our half yearly... in relation to the tempest n explorers!
cloudstreet doesnt need supplementary material
textual integrity is like keeping free of plaguarism isnt it? or something like keeping to the truth..? i dunno...
text as a whole
a resistant or new criticism deconstructs textual integrity
dominance focus on the text as a whole and what the text represents to a reader.
E.g. To a mexican--> life in australia
To an australian-->bookmark in history
to a feminist->representative of the female figure in post colonial literature
to an aboriginal-> aboriginal death and the apparent reconiliation of the dead in the end scene
to an alien->civilisation
to a nerd->gold

allinuse

HSC
I really hate cloudstreet, Tim Winton and his pony tail...what an ass.:burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)