Clinical Science pathway into Dentistry (1 Viewer)

HelloTisMe

HSC
ok. So about the clinical science course, how many people are accepted each year? What is the cut off mark for the course? Will one year living in rural areas be enough for me to have enough "rural experience" to get into Dent the next year? And also what campus is this course at? I'm guessing it's Orange but just making sure =]

You mentioned earlier that they accept a couple of internal transfers each year. Is this predetermined or is it just based on the results of the students?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions but they've kinda built up over the last year ^^;;

Doomah

HSC
ok. So about the clinical science course, how many people are accepted each year? What is the cut off mark for the course? Will one year living in rural areas be enough for me to have enough "rural experience" to get into Dent the next year? ;

do your own research you lazy git.

and no 1 year which is more like 32 weeks of uni at a rural location dont count as you being a rural resident

Vinnie90

HSC
N/A
What do I have to do to raise my chances of getting accepted into the dent course? I'm a metropolitan student and I really wanna get in.

I'm doing work experience with a local dentist who apparently knows the head of dentistry of CSU so hopefully that will help. Also, the site mentions that a good chem mark demonstrates an aptitude for the subject. Right now I'm ranked 3/57 for chem in High school and I'm trying my hardest to get good marks in it for my HSC. Will getting a good STAT mark help?

What else can I do to improve my chances?

What is the name of the dentist that your working for I think I might know him?

febebebe

HSC
do i have any chace at all getting into csu for dentistry if havent done hsc chemistry? i did physics and bio, went really well and first in both. id do a bridging course for chem too. and if i dont get in to csu, whats the next best course to do??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)