cleaning optical mice (1 Viewer)

raging_squid

HSC
IT question need help

hi i am just wondering, how i would go about cleaning a laser computer mouse, is there a certian way to clean a laser computer mouse like a roller mouse.
thanks
p.s a procedure would be excelent :D

sunny

meh.
HSC
No, there is no need to clean an optical mouse. If its not very responsive just blow the underside of the mouse to clear dust that might have collected near the sensor.

Please post questions with a meaningful title in future :)

raging_squid

HSC
noramally i wouldnt post sumthing as weird and boring as this but i need ideas for an assignment so i can get my compentences in IT. We have to list cleaning instructions for a laser mouse. so i guess i will have to talk about wiping the laser part of the mouse or something lol

raging_squid

HSC
yeh its on laser mice, we were doing equipment and consumables at the start of the year and we had list a way of cleaning the computer mice in our skools computer labs. Its weird and its the boring part of IT plus holdiays start soon and i want to get all the compentences i havent completed.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
the bottom of my mouse has little like leg things (just black patches) and they collect a lot of dust and grit, i often have to clean them

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
the bottom of my mouse has little like leg things (just black patches) and they collect a lot of dust and grit, i often have to clean them
yup same here =\

i know its time to clean it when i hear this funny scratching noise on my table when i move my mouse around :p

HSC
argh!..i'm starting to hate my ball-type mouse..it's collects so much dust i have to clean it like every week or else it gets all jerky!:chainsaw:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
yup same here =\

i know its time to clean it when i hear this funny scratching noise on my table when i move my mouse around :p
!!! me too!! what a coincidence! :p

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
better yet, use the steamdream:p

asha_ramirez

HSC
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
argh!..i'm starting to hate my ball-type mouse..it's collects so much dust i have to clean it like every week or else it gets all jerky!:chainsaw:
Upgrade to laser hunny, do it now!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If you are a gamer like me you would use nail polish remover.

Once a week pour some in a tissue and wipe down the feet of the mouse. It should make some noticeable difference.

Or you can eliminate the problem of build up's by purchasing mouse skates which are what gamers use.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
fatmuscle said:
get a high pressured' dust spray.
:rofl:

thats hilarious :D i think that would be more effective in cleaning my car :D

raging_squid

HSC
Yes wat are mouse skates ive never heard of them? how do they work? thanks fo r the help so far people!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)