• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

classical music? (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
lulabelle said:
classical music helps me concentrate because there are no lyrics for me to subconsciously sing along to....or accidently write in the middle of an essay
absence of lyrics isn't exclusive to classical.

personally I listen to film music :)

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
i personally enjoy classical music, and like to listen to it occasionally. Does it help with concentration? im not sure, but it does help my mind to relax especally before an important exam, it also helps when im playing a game of chess just for fun *nerd*.

I find listening to classical music while im studying destracting, but thats just me cause i like to study in pure silence, but i reakon its easier to concentrate in, compared to when your listening to rock, pop or whatever. My concentration totally blows when i listen to trance, or heavy metal.

kimberlin

HSC
classical music helps - just sometimes i tend to drift into sleep .

i guess it makes me a bit TOO RELAXED /.

HSC
N/A
It probably distracts you less than other music, because it's easier to zone out of it while listening to it. It's also soothing, I suppose?

On the other hand, if you're listening hard to the piece, it's still going to affect your concentration.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
absence of lyrics isn't exclusive to classical.

personally I listen to film music :)
Yes :) If you haven't already, you should listen to the soundtrack from 'The Power Of One'. Most of the compositions are by Hans Zimmer, who is a genius.

Sofstar

HSC
Listening to classical only makes me want to turn it up * gets embarrased* Especially if we're studying the song or it's one of my favourites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)