Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. Class of 07 (1 Viewer)

Mr Gumby

HSC
I feel so left behind.

'tinc tinc tonc, tinc tinc tonc...'

Latin Christmas carrols. They were in a book someone bought me. The Idiots' Guide to Learning Latin. I think it was their idea of a joke.

I wouldn't bother planning from Ross and my babies just yet - we don't even know if Ross would be able to have babies.

HSC
Well if Arnie could have a baby in Junior (XD) then I'm sure we can work out some way for you and Ross to carry babies, but I guess if we want to be even more "scientifically correct" we should be more concerned about how the genetics are going to work...omg never mind that so could work.

This is hurting my brain so I'll just stick to Hollywood/Junior theory and say it's possible. XD

You see you could always be like Zara and I and have a lot of affairs, but seeing as you two are the ones that need to be pregnant...

Speaking of relationships. Zara and I are engaged? Nissa and I are ex lovers and Lindley and I sometimes have affairs to piss of Meg and previously Nissa. Nissa and I broke up because her hair was too straight and coz she has too small boobs and she broke up with me for the opposite reasons I think? Other than that I'm sure me and Blondie have had an affair along the line...*stroky stroky* ^_^

Thank god coz I'm not going to a nekkid beach nekkid unless it's for a very good reason...which I can't actually think of! *halo*

One of you better explain the writing implement thing!

Oh god anytime I see anything CANUCK I head for Meeghan's Hills. XD

Eitherway Nicholas, I'm going to have to throw a baby shower and an engagement party for someone. ^_^

Ki how many kids are you planning for yourself?

antiphon

HSC
um. I believe it started when I called Aeneas a wuss. as I do. and Mr Olson took personal offence to my mocking of his hero, his childhood idol, to whom he has built a shrine at home and sacrifices neighbours' puppies on a daily basis to emulate pius Aeneas. topic came up in Greek, Olson complained about my point of view to our teacher, he said, "well, he's right!" :) and above Nick's splutters of outrage he proceeded to lambast Aeneas and his piety. *sigh* good memories. right, Olson? :p usually our teacher's equivocal in our debates.

suffice to say that there's lots of caressing involved.

but Nick, you'd agree that you, I and Ross are a million times worse in Latin Cont. than in Greek. probably because of the magnificent potential for collateral damage :D and probably because if we were as disruptive in Greek as in Latin, we wouldn't even be halfway through the texts.

sure it wasn't the Chaser doing another stunt?

who exactly is "we"?
Michael usually says nothing in class, yes. he sits silently and pays attention. that's how he is. but it's not like we leave him out, that's entirely his choice. *shrug* besides, he probably pays more attention in class than I do. and he does fine, so it isn't hurting his Greek.

HSC
Public Announcment: I HATE VERGIL. Am so close to disposing of him out the WINDOW.

*coughs*

Caressing? ORLY!? What on earth did your teacher say?

Ki and Zara are really studious in Latin and make me be studious if I sat with them. On the otherhand when we had joint classes I was up the back with my fellow rebellious long time Latin buddy, once again making up dirty stories and jokes and writing (with Gwen Marr) "Quintus est fracta", taking inspiration from everything dirty in Virgil book 8, the Oxford Latin Course and "X-Treme" Latin. Yes Nicholas you'll get a copy eventually, but I believe you'd kill me if you read it.

Yeah, the other two are really boring in Latin :p

Does Michael give you guys weird looks hough?

anthropoestin

HSC
heylo, sorry i've been a phantom of late....lots of basketball! and trying to find a spare moment to study for greek HSC...stress much?

has everyone learnt their texts off by heart already?? i haven't done nearly enough essays...hmmmm....maybe i'll do one now...

hows everyone's study going? who's going to come 1st???? We all have to post our marks when we get them......see which school wins!

ABII out xx

HSC
Oh gods you are a competitive much I say.

Are you joking? Electra bits are getting better same with bits of Thucy, but no where near a whole text yet. Trying to get on top of Latin first seeing it's next Thursday.

Meh. Stuff essays. We did a few practice ones. My teacher seemed to enjoy correcting my grammar.

Nicholas will come first (bahahahahahah)

Otherwise we'll just have to see, won't we?

G'luck studying and with all your other stuff! ^_^

HSC
Electra learnt, Thucy ch 3 learnt XD. Oh god. I'm going to need to do some serious whole-day-lying-on-floor-dying-learning-Thucy soon D:

Agreement with Steph - Nicholas will come first. D:

We don't need to know if Ross can have babies - you offered to have his, so you can have them, Nicholas.

Number of kids wanted varies between NONE-AT-ALL-NEVER and two to four O__o;;

Egads, ABII (I am so tempted to say that 'Ab 2'), if you work like that next year for every subject you'll have a nervous breakdown before you hit the first exam O___o;

Which schools wins? Maybe we shouldn't post up our marks XD.

Nicholas, you said someone didn't turn up for Greek ext trial? Who was that?

I hope they give us an essay on style and technique and stuff for Thucy and/or Homer. Please.

Last edited:
HSC
I have 200 lines of Electra left. And from about 22+ Thucy but then again I have most of Livy and Virgil left to do because I need to re-do it! (ALAS!!!!)

Yeah I plan to have a hard core Thucy day next week, on Tuesday maybe!

I'm doing Vergil right now and FAILING. If I'm concentrating I'm fine, but I'm finding it increasingly hard to concentrate. Tomorrow is hard core Livy day too. >> << >>

I'm cracking down on all you people's "NO KIDS EVER" thoughts! I think I've started to crack Lindley and Alexia...or I'll end up with Alexia's illegitimate lot too XD

Grammar wins!

Marks for us Ki: Ki 100 Zaz: 100 Steph: * :p :p :p

Thucy Essay: Describe how your reading of Book 4 has made you want to KILL Thucydides. (kick his butt from Elysium to Tartarus)

Homer: Discuss Circe and Odysseus' relationship throughout Book 10 (<333 DIVINE FEMININELY STUFF)

In other words, I hate TECHNIQUES.

HSC
Steph thinks she'll be a star?! o:
(Bahahaha your predictions are going to come crashing down around your ears. Although I do like your predictions for Zazie and I :p)

Style is useful when you haven't thought about the content of the other questions, as the trial proved.

HSC
Well the trial didn't like me, did it? >.<

I'm a special case and a star (XD) so my predictions are always right? *halo*

antiphon

HSC
Ross didn't do our Greek Ext Trial. as well as a few others. personal reasons.

wow. everyone seems to have been progressing so well XD at this rate my Electra seen passages are going to be as bad as my Trial's. :(

oh, and Latin's even worse XD

Fakhri

HSC
well,
i dont think i wil be posting my marks...ever...i don't think i am even going to tell anyone about my marks not even my sis..who i tell everything to...and so i guess you guys will never know...
unless i am like my sis who said she was going to tell no one and then told anyone who asked.....well she did really well...

but if everyone else wants to put their marks on i don't mind..

and yes nicholas is going to come first...he's nicholas that is why...

btw...ki you have to have kids cause otherwise how will all our kids be friends???....and do greek...ahah...am going to be an evil mother..forcing my kids to do greek...or as long as they dont do hospitality then i am ok...
also if you don't have kids all your baby names will go to waste...and you had some really nice ones.....

and style is the best for every essay...and all commentary questions..except thoes in ext latin unseens...but otherwise all questions on style cause you can just find them and write anything...very useful caus then i don't have to think cause when i do i usually fail...
also steph i will not get 100...i just hope i get into my course...but if i get a * at least it will be pretty...then i can go into my real estate idea...or take over the world...either way..

carols by candlel light was the best thing ever..we are sooo doing it this year to.....if i am here..but i should be...btw i think i am going to india in jan..so i won't be here for summer school....sorry....i do want to go..but seeing my cousins is a little more exciting..only cause they are soooo cute....

btw...i don't i want to go to shelly beach....we went there in winter thankgod no one was there..but in summer...please don't make me go....i don't think i want to see a whole bunch of old guys naked....not the best image....

ki and i don't always work in latin....well most of the time amily and i are just talking..usually about um...well sometimes references in latin...and plus latin is more fun to work in than greek...where it way more fun to talk and just general make all our teachers stop teaching us...cause they can't get us to shut up....cause we never do...

btw alex you are stressing more than all of us combined and we are doing a complete HSC....chill out...don't worry about it...at the end of the day it doesn't really matter...you just have to get into uni and then no one cares whay you get...btw.. what do you want to do at uni????

HSC
Trust me Jeremy, I knew FA Electra in the trials. Hmm that didn't go down well. D:

Yeah, trust me, if I hear anything for the few months after the HSC to do with Romulus, Remus, Cacus, Hercules, Aeneas or Augustus, I will SHOOT someone.

Erm. I'm not telling anyone my marks either. Not even my parents. I'll hopefully just be "Yeah I got into uni so STFU". Keeps out really nosy relations as well, which is always good.

I like the Ext Latin unseen questions, sometimes. I just hate commentary. It's a ginormous waste of time. Seriously, I'm the happy chappy doing "Translation, Grammar, (derivatives :p) and Unseen". Other than that it's GO AWAY.

You never know there might not be old guys the day we go, eventually. XD

Well Zara, you certainly achieve more than me. Actually, I did spend a lot of time working last term on my "pissed off" days.

Yay Zara! Well as long as you get to do some things with us before you disappear. I have no clue what my family's doing for their holiday in January, so I've pretty much told them I'm not going until further notice. (which I suppose is bad but also great if I get that freedom)

anthropoestin

HSC
haha stress is good, it makes you work better....oh god i am sounding over competitive aren't i....

as long as i beat at least one grammar guy, then i'll be happy...lol

sorry about the stress zara...you'll ace it anyway!
and i agree i haaate essay. commentry is ok, i don't mind it so much, but i absolutely hate essays - i would have done history if i liked them! unseen is the best part :)...unless it turns out that i don't know half the words, in which case i shall weep. but commentary is ok...just hate those damn essays....

uni? cambridge, hopefully. there's an arrangment between Paris II and Cambridge called a "double maitrise" so you do 2 years at Cam and get a BA in English law, and then 2 years in Paris and get a Masters of French law...that's what i really really want to do so am killing myself to get at least 99 to get in......

if not international studies/law at sydney uni or maybe just classics and russian...but probably jus cry for a year and weep on the admission's office's threshold in cambridge to let me in....

what is everyone else thinking?

btw that essay question is sooo true!! I think i could write at least 10 pages on how i would murder Thucydides for making me write notes on bloody Cleon and his lame assembly etc etc...

Mr Gumby

HSC
I tend not to read the posts on this thread very carefully, so I could be mistaken, but I have the distinct impression that Steph just said 'I hate Vergil'. Steph, I'm going to pretend I didn't see that, or assume it's the HSC talking. Either way, never say it again. As for not wanting to hear about Hercules, Cacus, Aeneas etc, you may want to avoid me. I can't avoid the Aeneid. At our Leavers Lunch yesterday Michael's father walked up to me, after taking a photo of the whole Greek group, and said 'So, Nicholas. Do you think Turnus should have been forgiven?' completely out of the blue. I think it scared Jeremy and Ross off.

Jeremy, you can't judge Aeneas' 'wussiness' by the standards of the idiots in Homer. For all that he seems to be able to produce a 'two-toothed goat' whenever he needs to (and I've never come across an instance of him actually doing that) he's more human that either Achilles or Odysseus. All Aeneas' piety equates to is a sense of duty, and it's often not a duty undertaken willingly. The Aeneid is about what it means to be dutiful, and that isn't always a good think, emotionally, for the individual in question. If Aeneas is a wuss, or boring, than so are you and I.

You should never have introduced this argument to the thread Jeremy. Then again, Dr Stevens did say you were an attention seeker...

antiphon

HSC
I thought I said, drop it?

and excuse me, as far as I remember, he said that you and Ross were the attention seekers, and I was occasionally. and that Michael never was.

HSC
Oh dear. Well, at least you're still managing to avoid Greek (mostly).

At any rate, you two/more than two/some unspecified number were talking about us, so spill.
(You were informed already, about a million pages back, that the talking about is fine just so long as you tell us everything that was said.)

Alex - that sounds impressive O___o; Though if you get into international studies/law at sydney you'll have got over 99... I want to do international studies/law as well, only at UNSW. Doubt I'll get the UAI though, so next one down is Commerce (International) at UNSW and other law combinations elsewhere, and some international studies at various places o_O. I want the language XD

Last edited:

antiphon

HSC
who made that rule??? (ie, who's so remarkably optimistic that they expected us to ever abide by it? :p)

I'm trying for Commerce/Law at Sydney.

HSC
It's always been a rule! For example I always know when Zara bitches about me behind my back because she tells me in detail and I do the same to her! That's why *you* guys must tell us everything you say about us. xD

We're optimistic. Give it a few weeks and you may or may not get it "slapped" out of you. I've known guys who were afraid to tell girls stuff because of the fear they're going to get slapped, but why not tell when you're just going to get slapped for not telling anyway? ^_^

Plus over the internet no one can slap you. XD

Erm, Ki, by you saying you're not going to get 99, how do you expect me to even crack 90 with all things considering? >> << >>

Hopefully I'll get into Global Studies at Syd, but if not I'll just do a BA at Syd and transfer after a year. Either way I should decide on a career where I will actually get somewhere.

Yes Nicholas I did say I hate Vergil. You better hope it's the HSC talking. When we get our results I'll re-inform you on my status with Vergil, ok? But at the moment he is very much HATED for being so ANNOYING and BORING and I'll be forced to "violate" him in another story. XD

Gosh that random question Michael's dad asked you all sounds like something my dad would do on something like that...well considering my dad's a "latin n00b" and only knows the words for "sailor" "whore" and "I love" it would be on something else...o_O;;;

I don't like Aeneas, Orestes, Electra, the old man and others...Odysseus is there to poke fun at but I find a lot of things wrong with him when I apply what I call "the sacred feminine" theory to him. The others REALLY piss me off. I do like Evander though because he sounds "woodgy" and Pallas too.

Seriously, I hope we get an Electra essay where I can bag out them all.

So yep. I've officially hit the having a breakdown "OMG HSC I'M SO SCREWED ARGH" that I'm going to disappear and study again!

((AND 400th POST O_O!!!))

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)