Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. Class of 07 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Bahahaha XDDD

...at least you didn't go around with an L on your forehead (as Steph did), or 'BOMB' on your forehead (as Zaz did) or with a barcode on the back of your neck (me).

Mr Gumby

HSC
Everyone seems to think I'm some sort of zoo exhibit - you, my school friends...
I was sitting in the library on the second-last day reading Homer or something, and about five different people wanted photos of me reading, which was okay. Then this guy wanted a photo of me in an Asian tourist / Pokemon pose, as you see.
At least they didn't post the photos of our silly-string fight in our last Latin class.

antiphon

HSC
Harold gets away with that pose because he's small and Asian. the silly string wasn't much of a fight, it was just humiliating for you. and...very disturbing from Ross. *raises eyebrow*

oh, so you had a price on your head...sort of. did anyone scan the barcode?

dammit why does there have to be so much in Greek????

HSC
Whatever happened to staying away from the internet before the pop quiz?

You were in the library reading Homer on the second-last day of school ever. Of course you're going to get treated like a zoo exhibit.
By the way, we were all very disturbed at the large numbers of young people sitting in the library with textbooks during lunchtime when we were there. D:

No, no scanning of the barcode. I think it got smeared to oblivion on my collar, anyway...

Because classics teachers are conspiring to murder us, of course :3 (Let's ignore the fact it's all our fault...)

greMlin72

Green Zombie
HSC
mwahahaha! i told you one day i would stalk you, didn't i zara. that's right...and i know where you live. Aloha gary + stephaneph
-evil laughter ensures-

Mr Gumby

HSC
I wasn't actually. There was an old Greek copy of the Iliad lying on the desk I was sitting at (although, to be fair, I was probably the one who'd put it there the day before). I just picked it up to flick through it and then they decided they wanted a photo of me reading Greek. I guess it was the most appropriate memento. And bear in mind that it wasn't just me sitting in the library reading on the second last day of school ever. What to you think all of them were doing? Come on, we're Grammar boys. Seriously Julia, you should know better.

There's always lots of people up in the library with books. It's a good library and there's not much else to do in the school. We can go out into the city at lunch, but there's only so far you can go in 40 mins, and most of us get bored of that in a few months.

I got the feeling Ross was compensating for something.

I don't know. I went through Electra yesterday and it didn't seem like there was that much, but that's probably because I like it. I'm going through Homer and Thucydides now and it seems like there's much more (even though there isn't, on quantity).

As for what happened to staying away from the internet...sigh. I promised myself I'd work hard during these holidays, but I'm not really. Of course, I said the same thing before the Trials, but that didn't change anything. Anyway, it's mainly your fault. Your's and Zara's. Hang your heads in shame.

And what was with that 'L'/'Bomb'/barcode stuff?

Last edited:
HSC
Hallo Kerry/Patrick/Twin/Mrs Iguana/wasthereanythingelse? I know where you live too *gasp*

Tut tut, Nicholas, not returning books to shelves.
Our second-last day of school...was a Tuesday (only way I'm going to remember what actually happened)...and during preps most people were signing books and looking out the window of the library to see if those half-naked Barker/Knox/somethingorother boys were running around again. A friend got quite excited o_O;. And lunch was the Teacher's concert - so they got costumed up and embarrassed themselves in front of us.

Even so, I wasn't expecting that o_O. It was scary.

Why do you have to do anything? Can't you just sit around and, oh, iunno, talk?

Thucy takes forever. Homer I can learn in one night (managed it for trials). Electra takes a bit but it's not huge.

Our fault? I wouldn't have turned up on this site again if I hadn't got an email telling me that you two had posted.

I don't know who did the L.
Conversation during Greek:
"Can I write boob on your forehead?"
"No."
"Can I write bomb on your forehead?"
"I don't trust you."
"Can I write bomb on your forehead Zara?"
"Oh, alright."
"Can I write ear on your ear?"
"Alright."
"What about a barcode?"
"Fine..."

Something like that, anyway. I also had my arm labelled with body parts o_O

Mr Gumby

HSC
This 'friend' of yours wouldn't happen to be Steph would it? It sounds like her.

You clearly didn't know what to expect. It basically did come down to sitting around and talking, but with the HSC so close, it's nice to have the pretence of doing something useful.

HSC
No, actually XD. Steph would more likely glare and mutter about 'stupid knox boys'. And was playing on her computer at the time.

Hmm. The blackout did something to my computer. The monitor's kind of...green o_O

antiphon

HSC
I think Nissa said they were Barker boys. the ones running around, that is.

and yeah Olson, you're not the only one - Paul wanted a photo of him reading The Economist magazine in our free period (join Facebook, you can see it there) because, like we agreed, it pretty much sums up most of what he did in our frees.

you probably don't think there's much because you actually know it, and learnt it for Trials...clearly, I don't, and I didn't. there's just so much in Greek, taken as a whole, that it feels like I'm gonna run out of time to learn it before the exam. I haven't even touched Latin Continuers yet...probably should.

@Julia: why do you get emails when we post here? and there's lot of people in the library because it's a school of nerds. there's a reason we have what is probably the most loser-ish warcry ever - "We have a gym and a library." I mean, seriously. how is that intimidating in any way???

hm, Thucydides 12.1 - anyone, what do you think we should take the "later" with? the taking of Brasidas' shield, or the setting up of the trophy?

antiphon

HSC
oh and Olson, do me a favour, send me your best 50th Gate task. :D I'm not gonna use it, I'd never forge Windy Windon's chiastic discourse into any semblance of a convincing argument, but I want to see what line all you A-class boys are taking with it. besides the "oh look at how long the words I know are!" line. (ie. academic snobbery.)

greMlin72

Green Zombie
HSC
hey gary,
wow, my fame was short lived. and no, this is not Steph. i have a name! and it is a very good name too...better than yours in fact... *whistles*

Gary:
do you study at Maquarie library? or at home? cooome to Maquarie. i haven't seen you since...since....school! wow! an entire week (?) without my twin! sacre bleu!

HSC
I saw you at Kay's, Patrick. How'd the clubbing go?
I've got a good system going at home, and I really hate that the buses to Macquarie leave only once an hour D:. I might sometime, but no promises.

I haven't looked at Thucy yet. D:. Everything but (well, ignoring latin ext until the last week, hooray.) Thucy will kill me. For trials it took two entire days doing nothing but Thucy for the whole day.

There's a button down below the 'submit reply' thingie which has subscriptions. Apparently I subscribed to the thread at one point, so it continues to send me emails o_O

o_O. That's a war-cry? Ours are bad (and I mean really, really, really bad) but we tend not to mention libraries.

Mr Gumby

HSC
I'd be inclined to take the 'later' with both, Jeremy - as in 'the Athenians later picked it up and used it for a trophy...' or whatever he says. I've just gone through the Thucydides, and that's how I took it. As for the Fiftieth Gate task, the best would be my assessment dialogue. However, I'm afraid you're going to have to wait till I type it up from my hard copy, because we did it on Kanin's computer. I'd get him to email it to me, but for some reason I can't get into my email account.

They're not really warcries so much, because not that many of us actually use them. At the Athletics Carnival some idealistic second formers went down the front and tried to get everyone to cheer but everyone just ignored them, or laughed at them. It was quite embarrassing.

I can imagine Paul doing that. Was this for his Facebook 'photo of the day'? I suppose it was. All I can do is sigh really. I'm surprised Sam didn't get someone to take a photo of him in the organ gallery. Forgacs could of had someone take a photo of him belittling someone. Now that, I'd like to see.

antiphon

HSC
I don't have the necessary concentration to do Thucydides for 2 days straight. XD hardest part about studying Greek is that I'm infinitely more concerned about Eng, seeing as it has to count and especially since I don't have 3-unit Eng to back it up.

join, Olson, even Smallchurch and good ol' Forgilicious are already on Facebook!! (their highly sophisticated intellectual discussion is as out of place as....you in a maths classroom, but still.)

our year was the worst warcry year I've seen. what does it say when even Pho won't lead the warcries? besides, you can't fault the 2nd formers for being idealistic when the 6th formers, their leaders, the ones they look up to, didn't even attend...besides you. :D

how's everyone's HSC timetables?

HSC
They're not warcries because no one can be bothered cheering? In that case, we don't have any warcries at all o_O. Except possibly 'Jumping Jive', and I swear the next time someone does that at the swimming carnival, the wooden seating is going to collapse.

Mmm, I tend to get this "Must learn Thucy or fail assessment" mentality the few days before, and then suddenly everything goes (relatively) quickly and (relatively) unpainfully.

I think I'm alright for English o_O. I hope. Greek is problematic. Well, my Greek vocab is problematic. I've become quite good at near-memorisation of the text, so hopefully that's alright. And ext 2 eng has made me an excellent bullshitter, so that's fine for essays ^_^.

I don't really understand facebook. The appeal of it, that is. *hovers about on it now*. Yay for procrastination.
Then again, it is the only way I'm keeping in contact with a few of my friends at the moment o_O;

HSC timetables are nice and pretty with the exception of the third week. And infinitely better than the trial.
I don't want to have six exams in four days ever ever EVER again.

And, randomly enough; you won't believe how many people tried to give me "God's miracle healing" pamphlets today. x.x

Last edited:

greMlin72

Green Zombie
HSC
mmm, turns out macquarie uni wasn't all the effective. i shall be returning to my little hole at gordon library. i think i have learnt to ignore the stupid knox boys there. macquarie was funny, i was sitting next to a window looking out at all the uni students....yummy...we're going to be them next year. hehe.

go on facebook gary...wait..you do. my bad.
xox

HSC
Oh dear. You've picked up 'yummy' as well, have you Kerry? I won't be them next year :p I'll be in a nunnery.

Fakhri

HSC
hey,

Kez...wow you actually did come on i can't believe it...

yah!!!!!
i knew 'yummy' would catch on its the best word ever...but at maquarie...not as good as at unsw..i think...but ha...

so i guess you study is going as mine is...mm...when i was studying for well before today..then it all sort of died considering i woke up at like 12:30 then was starving and then the day just flew by...oh well...damn...tommorrow i am determined to do thuccy..been staring at it for a while..basically done everything (except english of course) and thuccy...even did electra revision..although my commentry learning is failing miserably...

well my time table basically sucks sucks sucks...only the 3rd week...damn thing...annoying...well i guess i am not the only one though...nicholas isn't your timetable 3rd week just as bad...

antiphon

HSC
heh, well, my Greek vocab is, uh, more than problematic. my memorisation of the text sucks. and I'm hopeless at bullshitting (maybe 'cause I don't do Ext Eng...)

I don't understand the appeal of Facebook either. but it's like my UAI's a bug and Facebook's one of the glowing blue lights...it's sooo pretty...wow....*ZAP*

what's so bad about the 3rd week? I think the beginning of our exams suck. Latin Cont., Eng paper 1, Eng paper 2, Greek Cont....oh boy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)